Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Aaaannnd another silver ring!

REVIER

This one was tiny and 4" deep and came in at a 68-69 on the F70 which is usually large can or big screw on cap trash but could be small silver jewelry too and that's what I hoped this was before I dug it.
It was.
I knew it wasn't a can because I did the coil raise thing,the Propointer seems to say it wasn't as big as a large screw on cap but it also says it is about 3-4" deep.
Whatever, it was solid, didn't jump and sounded so good I had to dig it but when I saw the actual size my jaw slightly dropped.
That pic below shows how it barely fits on my pinky finger.
Only 1.3 grams I can't believe how hard this thing hit in 4H tones...like it was a flat Morgan only 1" deep.
Any of you F70 guys notice that about silver jewelry?
Maybe you F75 guys, too.
I think I am starting to notice a difference in the tones on silver jewelry no matter what size, a slight difference but different and not exactly like a copper cent or dime.
Whatever it is I definitely notice all high tones but silver jewelry makes me almost rock back on my heels or it is starting to seem that way.
I will try to pay even closer attention to all high tone targets from now on to see if I am crazy or what.
The 2 silver quarters I dug up recently sounded great too, but I don't remember them sounding exactly like this thing and notice how small it is compared to that coin.
The first hunt I ever had with this the F70 I used the stand 10" coil and I was swinging way to fast and still found a small silver charm 5-6" deep.
When I am in the area where jewelry might be found I am usually in 4H and I always was good at digging up silver and gold pieces but the silver is just flying out of the ground for me since I started swinging the F70.
I wasn't maxed out either, 60 sense and -3 thresh which was just perfect for threading my way around the trash in this park using the big DD coil.
I have found 10 silver jewelry targets this year alone and I am on a streak lately and it seems like on every hunt I am coming home with silver in one form or another.
Hope I can keep the streak going for a bit longer.

Alright, that settles it-----------I'm moving to Kansas:clapping:
I know what you mean about that special sweet high end sound. I Swear you can hear the difference between silver and clad dimes with the 70.
Way to go Reev--------------IB

IBdiggin said:
Alright, that settles it-----------I'm moving to Kansas:clapping:
I know what you mean about that special sweet high end sound. I Swear you can hear the difference between silver and clad dimes with the 70.
Way to go Reev--------------IB

So I am not crazy...good to know.
Now please tell my wife.

metalfun said:
I told you it would be a BLING YEAR!!!:clapping::clapping::clapping:

I am trying my best thanks to your confidence in me.
The season has just started, I hope the best is still to come.

mudpuppy said:
You suck most damnably! :rofl: (Sorry, Snowing here again today..):sadwalk:.
Mud

You love me, you know you do...just admit it. :inlove:

You are starting the new year out right. You keep this up , your jewelry box will be full. I got a ring just like yours that I found many years ago. Too bad it has a crack in it... KEN