Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Advice on Target ID machine

Tagamet

Hi,
I'm looking for advice on which metal detector with target ID represents a good balance between low (or no) learning curve (read dummy here), works in trashy areas, and basically finds at least coins (as opposed to fliptabs and nails). Does such a beast exist? If so, who makes it and what's the model number?
Thanks in advance,
Tagamet

Yep sure is and has a lot of bang for the buck in a light well made unit.. Nickle segment is just too large and takes in high foil and low tab is one of its faults...Other high end Garretts have more segments and seperate these nicely...

Tagamet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi,
> I'm looking for advice on which metal detector
> with target ID represents a good balance between
> low (or no) learning curve (read dummy here),
> works in trashy areas, and basically finds at
> least coins (as opposed to fliptabs and nails).
> Does such a beast exist? If so, who makes it and
> what's the model number?
> Thanks in advance,
> Tagamet

I ended up trading for a Garrett 1500. I'll let you know how it goes! Thanks for the input.
Tagamet

Dan-Pa. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yep sure is and has a lot of bang for the buck in
> a light well made unit.. Nickle segment is just
> too large and takes in high foil and low tab is
> one of its faults...Other high end Garretts have
> more segments and seperate these nicely...

Like the Garrett 1500 (I hope). Mine should arrive tomorrow.
Tagamet

hey you need a great detector very low learning curve buy a fisher id-excel you wont go wrong i bought one and love it finding change is what it does best .look up fisher detectors on line and you will see it is the best detector fisher has out there for the money you have to spend .happy hunting and good luck

Thanks to all for the advice. I ended up with a Garrett 1500 with 3 coils. It should give me some nice options.
Tagamet