Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Afew bits of Aussie GPX Gold

beepinpete_wa

7oz.jpg

IMG_3302.jpg

100_0579.jpg

Good.jpg

36grams.jpg

cpZZ3QQtppZZ16.jpg

crystalinenugget2.jpg

crystalinenugget.jpg

DSC00020.jpg

Guesswherethisspotis-1.jpg

Pete in WA :cheers:

Pete,

Beautiful gold Pete! Is that beauty in the second photo down the one you found a couple months back in WA that weighed 154 grams? Either way, can you give us some details about finding it, like depth, hi/low ground mineralization, coil you were using on your 5000, settings??? Thanks for sharing!

J.J.

Hi JJ

That nugget was found by a good mate actually,the rest are mine, i wish i did find it, but anyway it was on a 5000 running the
supplied 11" commander mono, he was only out for his second trip with the new detector so he was pretty much using factory
pre-set settings except his gain was 15, stab 6,motion v/slow, front panel gen,special = fine gold.

happy hunting guys

Pete in WA :smoke:

Pete,

Thanks for the settings mate. Fine Gold Timing? Must of been a "sun baker" ........................no?

J.J.

Gday JJ

Actually here's the story on him finding it...

He had been in a well known area for just over 2 days and had only managed to pick up a 2 small nuggets (1.5 grammers),
it was coming to late in the afternoon of day three and he was pooped from the heat and constant detecting over miles of ground,so he
was just standing in the shade of a small tree getting his breath back and thinking "this place is done for, maybe ill move camp before dark"
anyway as he is swivelling round to the left looking for the 4x4 and camp his tecta swings left with him and BANG! theres a small waiver in
the threshold,not a sure signal just a slight waiver, so he thinks hmmmm i'll wave over that again, gets the same response just a waiver, so he scraped
6" off the top and the waiver became a stronger signal and so it went until he was down 2ft, then he cought a glimmer of some yellow in the bottom
of the hole and he knew then it was gonna be a bewdy alright, so he difines the area around the nugget but it wont come out of the ground (cemented in)
and him being all a bundle of nerves at finding the 1/2 kilo bit, cant think strait on what to do so he calls the wife on the mobile phone, "ive got a biggun and i carnt
get it out the stiff clay" hahaha poor bloke was all shook up with seing it and wasnt thinking strait, so the wifes answer was " just pour some water on it ya tool" lmao,
so he does just that and out popped that unreal nugget.... " good onyer barry" .....

Man i would have loved to have been there for the find, he carried it around in his pants pocket for a few months,scared he was gonna lose it.

Quick post on my finds yesterday...
14 smalls for roughly 4-5 grams.

Coil - 11" comander Mono..

Front Panel.

Fixed
General
Special - fine gold
Mono

Rear Screen

All FP except

Gain - 18
Motion - v/slow
Stabilizer - 13
Signal - 19

Ground med mineralisation but with magnetic hot rocks.

The 5000 was noisey to run like that but i compensated by sweeping really slow (5 sec) and
overlapped swings by 70% of coil width, coil hight 1cm off ground, i have flogged the living crap outta this area with all my
arsenal of coils in the past, so now im running very extreme settings to mop up the crumbs, and
it works a treat, i am amazed that i still get any gold at all on the area, BTW i was only able to work
maybe 50ft square yesterday due to the extreme settings and overlap/swing speed used....

Happy Hunting JJ
And may all your beeps be Golden..

Pete in WA

Cheers jim :cheers:

Anyone else gonna share some GPX gold, i sure would love to see some color from our states members, or where ever you are from... :wiggle:

Pete in WA :ausflag: