Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ahhh, the joys of simplicity !!!

Dan(NM)

I took the Fors Gold out for the first time today to an old home site littered with iron, aluminum and everything else you'd expect to find after 100 plus years of occupation. I really struggled with decideding which settings to use :) Shall I use Mode 2 or 3, chose DI3, what levels of sensitivity should I use 90 or 95, choice 95, do I stay in factory preset disc of bump it down, naw, 10 is fine. Ground balanced in a flash and then off to the hunt. The first thing I noticed were the tones Nokta used are very similar the the tones I ran on the Deus, I usually ran a 3-tone audio, it sounds very close to the same frequency as well. This thing is no slouch when it comes to recover speed, it may be a hair under the Deus, the separtion is excellent as far as I'm concerned. I do have a 5" coil coming this week and I believe it will be lethel on this particular site. The first 3 conductive high tones had some bleeding of low tones and when I recovered the targets there was iron in each hole, very impressive !! The deepest target I dug was an old medicine bottle top about the size of a dime at 7" The one thing I did notice today, the depth readings weren't even close, maybe because of all the trash near the target, not sure what's was going on. I did manage to find a couple of wheatbacks, one was almost straight up and down, an old flattened thimble and a couple of odds and ends. This has got to be one of the most adapable detectors I've used in a long time, basically a turn on and enjoy machine. I have no doubt it'll hit some deep stuff when I swing over it. Smooth is an understatement, rock steady and stable as can be. I chose the Fors Gold, just because I live a couple of hours from some gold bearing areas and wanted a multi-purpose machine. I believe it's right at home hunting coins and relics as well. The price can't be beat for the quality of workmanship and performance of the Nokta's. I expect to do very well with this machine. I also have a Racer Pro package on preorder, looking forward to using that machine at this site.

One very satisfied customer !!

Thanks for the info and report. Just a thought, but the depth is in cm not inches, correct? Could that be your depth discrepancy issue? I currently own a Deus, but seriously considering the Fores Core for replacement to allow a wider variety of coils. It's a hard pill to swallow tho.... I really like the Deus....

Awesome story of your first time out. I too have found that when there is trash near my target it throws off the depth reading but I feel it is a small price to pay for being able to snipe out those hidden goodies. I cant wait to hear about your experiences with it.

No, this was reading 36cm on some items, I don't use depth meters anyway, I usually go by the strength of the pinpoint mode. I struggled over selling the Deus, I have zero problem with it now.

In honest reality most of the depth meters on many of the high end machines are not any more accurate than the FORS machines. It's just
An approximation

I struggled over selling the Deus, I have zero problem with it now.

That's exactly how I feel. Deus is a good conductive finding machine but for what you are hunting hands down the CoRe wins. You really will see how good it is inside of a month, watch.

triplehooked said:
I currently own a Deus, but seriously considering the Fores Core for replacement to allow a wider variety of coils. It's a hard pill to swallow tho.... I really like the Deus....

Triple hooked I currently have the pro package CoRe and absolutely love this machine. The simplicity, but power, speed, and prowess, Are what won me over.

Now my buddy just traded in his F75 with update, for a Deus with 9 inch coil, and getting a Garrett "carrot" pinpointer as a bonus. He's excited about getting his new machine, and I'm excited to see what the Deus can do next to my CoRe in the filed. So hopefully we'll be ante to get some task world testing

Hey BBD he'll be digging aluminum and bottlecaps while you're sifting the dirt lol. The trash to finds ratio is so high with the Deus, look at any post someone does and posts their days hunt, that's why there are a lot of them going to the classified.