Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

All bases now covered.

woodchiphustler

Blisstool for relic hunting the iron belt of Va.
Vista Smart for iron infested colonial sites
Sov. Gt on the salt water beach.
6 to even over and out.

It wil be a challenge to go behind the Deus but it can and will be done.

It did not bother me. I only found a ton of good stuff with it The Smart suits me so I had to try one. Lets see what wood chip uh I mean the Deus missed.:csflag:

oh i'm sure but some carry on with that thing like its the all end all of detectors, i supose what ever works for people

I'm almost there with having a Sov GT, Excalibur(s), and Blisstool. I'm looking at the Gold or Smart; not sure which one, but for some reason, the Smart is what I'm leaning toward, though I can't say exactly why just yet. More homework to do about both of those I think.

If anyone can tell me why the Smart over the Gold, or the other way around, I'm all ears. Most of my hunting that isn't water hunting, is parks and forests, old homesteads, ghost towns; and I'm moving into Civil War locations. I think the Smart is the better choice for me in terms of separation of non-ferrous in the midst of iron, but I'm not certain of that at this point.

But yes, after I get either of those, I think I will have a well rounded-out arsenal of detectors for a very wide variety of situations.

The Smarts frequency is just right for all sizes and conductive metal. But my friend Keith may like the Gold. Neither will hurt you.

now this was my theory when i got my smart 15khz vs 25khz so by theory you would think 15 would be better for hitting coins or silver anyways or high conductors but the gold has also some unique features, like F/S recovery speed switch 2 tone of course between both and a sepreate iron volume on the gold, both have boost features and both deep but i'm thinking or at least in my ground and that does play a big role the smart would be a little better on higher conductors then the gold, the gold better on lower conductors and deep for them also, just got to figuire what your hoping for or research your site on possibly what is most likly on your sites now like me i have a close by colonial ghost town i hunt and have read alot of about the people who lived there and there beliefs in faith and how they lived all take in account, also i have revolutionary soldiers and civil war soldiers that returned also take note of the religeons, now in my area i doubt i would find any type of gold rings or jewelry becuase to them it was preached it was the of the devil and read people would get rid of it or passed on to someone else thinking they would break free of sin and so fourth and also they were a farming comunity, but anyways the point is when deciding just think of those little things like that and it might help in decision of your machine, but which ever you choose they hold there own and seperate awesome in iron

it will be fun to see if this horse can EARN a place in my aresenal

Happy Trails
jimpugh

Jim,
We traveled the same path for many years. Let us know your opinion. George Kinsey

Jim, you don't make me feel so bad about all the detectors that I have...LOL!

amcjavelin said:
now this was my theory when i got my smart 15khz vs 25khz so by theory you would think 15 would be better for hitting coins or silver anyways or high conductors but the gold has also some unique features, like F/S recovery speed switch 2 tone of course between both and a sepreate iron volume on the gold, both have boost features and both deep but i'm thinking or at least in my ground and that does play a big role the smart would be a little better on higher conductors then the gold, the gold better on lower conductors and deep for them also, just got to figuire what your hoping for or research your site on possibly what is most likly on your sites now like me i have a close by colonial ghost town i hunt and have read alot of about the people who lived there and there beliefs in faith and how they lived all take in account, also i have revolutionary soldiers and civil war soldiers that returned also take note of the religeons, now in my area i doubt i would find any type of gold rings or jewelry becuase to them it was preached it was the of the devil and read people would get rid of it or passed on to someone else thinking they would break free of sin and so fourth and also they were a farming comunity, but anyways the point is when deciding just think of those little things like that and it might help in decision of your machine, but which ever you choose they hold there own and seperate awesome in iron

I've just got my Gold, and had same thoughts, Smart or Gold... I decided the Gold because I thought the tone suits me best, but after I got it and did a short test, I learned that it gives a Very high tone... it sounded a bit lower and different on the video's I saw. I think that the Vista Smart and the Vista Gold is Very similar, and you said it all to the matter 15 / 25 khz.
Last year I only had a Deus, now I got a Blisstool, a Vanquero and yesterday this new Vista Gold. The Blisstool and the Vista will Be prefered all season, but need a lot of hours out there, to get more experience with them. So fare with some 20-30 hours out with the BLISS, I am in love with it.
Last year the Deus disappointed me in deept. And If I tryed to push it down, I lost the benefits that the Deus has.
Tin Fin go after the Vista Smart... It would Be perfect with the eliptical coil.
Henrik

My Gold arrives tomorrow. My decision was based on Barry's videos. The Gold seems to have a little better iron seperation/penetration. I really like the fact you can turn down the iron signal volume. There are times I want to hear the iron, but not at the same level of the good stuff. I like the higher tone, too, but that's just me. I'm sure the Smart would do fine. But I chose the Gold. Can't wait to hit a Civil War ghost town I've been hunting that is carpeted with nails. Found a lot with the Blisstool, but think there's more there that the Gold will pull out. We shall see. Should be a good test.

keep on diggin'

jimmyk in Missouri