Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Alley Scrape turns up Jamaican

msareborn

You never know till you dig it, right? Well yesterday, I'm studying in my easy chair and along comes the city with a big scraper in my alley. They take the alley down about 6". Which is about a hundred years around here. My detector starts to glow blue as I think, hey I better get out there and check for old coins before they cover it all with gravel. When I get there, they have uncovered brick everywhere, (from the crappers and bottle dumps). Yes I know what to do. After an hour over the spot they uncovered I only got a 1915d wheat back, and a 1944d. But what really stumped me was a larger coin too dirty to identify until I could rinse it off. When I removed the dirt it revealed this 1966 Jamaican half penny. HMF! Weird. Always interesting at least .

Very cool...didnt find a bobsled did you?

Good going on playing heads up! Man, a big tear out gives a guy the shivvers!:drool:
Mud