Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Along the Waterfront... Wicked Tuna, Gloucester Ma.

Ron J

This vessel is the "Hard Mechandise" featured on the Nat'l Geo Channel. She was captained / owned by Capt. David Marciano. As you see the vessel here, she looks normal, other than the propeller shaft is removed. Well, this vessel sunk at the dock in December, at the Gloucester Marine Railways. I do not know why the F/V sank, but the locals did say, the film crew for Nat'l Geo, was there to film the vessel, before it was hauled out. Look for future episodes I would imagine, and we just might see the video on a show.
Rj :usaflag:

Beautiful lines on that boat! I watch the show and like Marciano...he stays pretty cool and calm when a fish is hooked up....I've been thinking about building a mini version of those tuna boats...maybe a 24 or 26 footer for salmon fishing up here on the Great Lakes...nice and wide in the stern, with twin low hp 4 stroke outboards sort of hidden under the rails. I did a 20 footer, but it narrows in the back, still.. its a great boat, I can run all day on a few gallons of gas.
Mud

Thats a 15hp four stroke...I clocked myself at 17mph, which is plenty fast enough running a river...that fish is a salmon. Very much fun and challenging.

I watch tht show all the time,yeah on recent episold he had broke his propeller shaft..