Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Alrighty X50 experts....

BarnacleBill

The bottom of the X50 LCD shows segment numbers such as 3,6,9 etc.

1.When setting the Disc level, is it possible to set a 4 or 5 as your disc level?

2. If you can set Disc level to let's say a 5, I assume the whole segment which includes 5&6&7 is rejected. Yes/no?

3. And now notch mode, if I reject 5, is 5&6&7 rejected now?

Thanks in advance.

BarnacleBill

before and I think you'll get your answer if you read through the thread.
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?55,228494,228494#msg-228494

If you are hunting for small gold jewelry, Disc resolution becomes very important. Rejecting small/micro foil, as opposed to large foil is an important distinction which is lost on coin & relic hunters.

HH
BarnacleBill

1.When setting the Disc level, is it possible to set a 4 or 5 as your disc level?
No, increments of 3 only ( 3 would be 1,2,3)(6 would be 4,5,6), Because there is no Zero It is either + or - of 0.

2. If you can set Disc level to let's say a 5, I assume the whole segment which includes 5&6&7 is rejected. Yes/no?
Yes, But it would be 6. If you want to get rid of something you will not know any other number than a number increments of 3.
Here is what you could see:
-9 -6 -3 No Zero 3 6 9 12 15 18 21 24 27 30 33 36 39 42 45

3. And now notch mode, if I reject 5, is 5&6&7 rejected now?
Yes, All numbers that fall at the increment are disc'ed out. But it has learn accept and learn reject, So you can tell what the increment would be.

Hope this helps,
Joe De Marco

There is not any "Discriminate Level" as you mention. This is a notch detector, with each notch representing 3 digits on their discrimination scale. HH Randy