Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Alternative Battery for Excalibur1000

S

stoneshirt

Hello,everyone.
Well,as some of you might know,I live in Colombia(Santa Marta)..Amongst Chinese products and badly stocked Hardware Stores....Example. I have been looking for some Rubber Grommets for various Projects.making up new Head phones,(Water proof),Mods on the Excalibur,Etc,etc.I've search Electronics Shops, Car Stereo Installation Shops,Hardware,Auto supply,Ad Nausem in Two different Countrys(Just returned from Ecuador) and I cannot find them.My Animal Spirit is the Owl.Known for his Gentleness,and the ability to find things.Normally he takes me right to things.Any way,My Kellyco Battery pack is slowly fading away,and I have this nice Lith-Ion Batt fromRNB(3100Mh) for my Explorer XS....Tell me,would there be any harm in adapting this over for use on my Excalibur?

My next Project is going to be,Installing the correct REED SWITCH inside the The Hand grip on the Excalibur to replace a Bothersome Toggle/Rocker Switch,for a Pinpoint set-up.I will then find a small Powerful Magnet,for in the Thump of my Glove...stoneshirt..
tumblr_24602cd83af447d1dbebea4b785c6cbc_b8282cea_400.gif

I know the Sovereign needs 12 volts to operate Correctly and Excalubur should also as it is a waterproof Sovereign. Now when I had the Explorer the rechargeable pack was 9.6 volts if I remember right, so I would check this out before doing a mod.

The rnb 3100 is 12.5 volts while the minilab battery for the explorer is 9.6. So the RNB should provide enough power for the Xcal.

The rnb 3100 is 12.5 volts while the minilab battery for the explorer is 9.6. So the RNB should provide enough power for the Xcal.
Hi.Thanks for that.I think it would make a great Power Source.Just need to put it in some kind of Water proof Housing,but not Permanent,so's I can use it in my Explorer also. stoneshirt.

I know the Sovereign needs 12 volts to operate Correctly and Excalubur should also as it is a waterproof Sovereign. Now when I had the Explorer the rechargeable pack was 9.6 volts if I remember right, so I would check this out before doing a mod.
Hi.And thanks for that.I believe my EXPLORER XS is 12v. Maybe I should have mentioned the XS?