Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

American centennial whatzit

A

Anonymous

Here's an interesting plate like item dug this last spring in a small, remote, mid-late 19th century mining community (quarry)in the middle of nowhere.There's no doubt what it commemorates but I'm really not sure of its use/purpose.It has a slight bow to it suggesting it may have been on a cylindrical object.The oval part is pressed and in relief.It's removable and is fastenned with small bent tabs (like an early pressed tin toy).I can only guess that there must have been a series of these made with different buildings.I wonder if they are different buidings from the Philidelphia Centennial Exposition.Has anyone seen these before?

Below is a link to an American Centennial site with references to souvenirs, ie:
Gores, Stan. 1876 centennial collectibles and price guide: including a history of the centennial exhibition, with comments on the famous Gillinder & Sons glassworks and a comprehensive report on centennial items of value to antique dealers and collectors. Fond du Lac, Wi., Haber Print. Co., [1974]. 749 G669E
Lots of other titles like this one listed. Good luck!