Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

an hour in my local park with the deus

targets

i had some good luck last week.my local park has had a fairground on it and due to the rain and heavy equipment churning up the grass the council ploughed it over and left the soil nice and soft and spongy .
out with the dues ,backphones on volume 9 and round my neck only .GM programe tuned in and off i go .
it was easy to tell the coins as they gave out a loud and clear tone and a selection from the 1900s to the 1950s came up with ease.
i dug no foil or tabs or tops as they gave scratchy lower tones and were easy to spot .coins of bronze and silver were easy to ID by the tones only.
this was ideal conditions and plan going back again for some easy coin finds. the park has been in existence since the 1890s so earlier finds are xpected.

i didnt even need a trowel as the soil was so easy to turn over with my shoe .
ploughed soil is realy a good test bed for learning the dues sounds if you have the opportunity.

i used the backphones around my neck so as to differentiate between the tones loud and softer rather than blasting in my ears ,seems better to me IMO

I might try that, the backphones pull on my ears allowing my glasses to slip forward on my nose. Starts to really drive me nuts when I strart sweating.
Its that or get a glasses band around the back of my head to hold my glasses up. I was going to try hipmounting my control box but like the eas of having the display n the detector.
Man I love this Deus, so many options, so many new finds in old hunted areas....Like a kid with a new toy, I can't get enough time on it. Never had a detector I liked so much.

obviously with the field being well used over the decades i knew there would be loads of finds as well as all the usual trash nuisance .
it may be that the less loud sounds were good targets but deeper but i just stayed with digging the loud targets which was fine .
volume on 9 and backphones round the neck gave me enough info to go on as well as a quick look at the control box IDs .
back there again later for some finds ..no other diggers seen on there yet ..

i went back the next day ,but bad news ,it had been rolled and compacted with seeds on top.
what a difference,no easy loud signals and less signals .
not good .
ploughed soil is magic for coin finds .