Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

An idea for you guys with ATV's and no shade.

DOC

I got this at Sports Authority. It takes like two seconds to pop up, and take down. I just attached a piece of webbing to each of the four tie down loops with a little plastic "D" ring and snap.

I wrap it around the bar of the carry racks and snap the snap into the "D" ring. I prospect all summer and as you know in the desert shade is at a premium. When it is 112, it is nice to have some shade to sit under while I have lunch.

It works great and collapses into a neat little circle. Takes under 60 seconds to pop it open and snap it to the luggage carrier, and under 60 seconds to take it down. And it really makes a diffrence.

I think they are around $20. I really lucked out and found one on the clearance table with a torn up box for $5.

Take care!

DOC

I wonder If you cut two little eye holes a little bigger than a dime can you drive with that thing on and be in the shade coming and going to your spot?
-Joe

I think the wind buffeting against it might collapse it. Sort of acting like a giant sail.

Usually when you are on the move even the hot air sot of cools you off because it makes the sweat evaporate. That thing can get going pretty fast on the flat and level.

I had thought about it!

take care!

DOC