Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

An Oldie but a Goodie

JEF

troll
I keep trying all the latest and greatest detectors, but I always keep going back to my trusty MXT Pro. I have yet to find anything that works better for me. Maybe one day I will learn to just stick with what works for me. The MXT may be an oldie but it is still up there with the best of them as far as I am concerned.

Lol same here bro

I couldn't agree more from yet another MXT Pro owner and user. The Pro works great for hunting CW Relics.

Its simply a great versatil detector, now even more with all the new mars coils

I have used the mxt and find it a good overall detector. After trying the nox and orx I find it a tad heavy.

Texan said:
I have used the mxt and find it a good overall detector. After trying the nox and orx I find it a tad heavy.

You need to get a li ion batteries, those are game changers, orx and nox are lighter but nose heavy

JEF said:
I keep trying all the latest and greatest detectors, but I always keep going back to my trusty MXT Pro. I have yet to find anything that works better for me. Maybe one day I will learn to just stick with what works for me. The MXT may be an oldie but it is still up there with the best of them as far as I am concerned.

Hello Jeff.
Have you ever tried the VX3?
Give it a try, you'll be amazed.
Best of Luck

Juit I don't find the ORX nose heavy. I can swing it all day when with a Whites. I feel like my arm is about to fall off after a hour of swinging it.

Yes, I had both the VX3 and the V3i before I got a MXT Pro. In fact I traded in the V3i straight across for the MXT Pro. One of the best deals I ever made, even though I lost money on the deal.

88junior said:
Juit I don't find the ORX nose heavy. I can swing it all day when with a Whites. I feel like my arm is about to fall off after a hour of swinging it.

get a li ion charging its a game changer

JEF said:
Yes, I had both the VX3 and the V3i before I got a MXT Pro. In fact I traded in the V3i straight across for the MXT Pro. One of the best deals I ever made, even though I lost money on the deal.

Sorry to hear this, JEF.
When I had the V3i I had the same impressions and let it go.
The MXT(pro) was the first choice.
Last year in Sept. I got a great deal on a used VX3 I couldn't resisit.
The former owner must have changed a lot of settings as this detector was very noisy and erratic.
After doing the master reset this VX3 was a complete different machine.
Knowing the MXT(pro) I tweaked the VX3 a little and WOW. THIS is really a MXT on steroids.
This can be sweeped as fast as I do with the MXT, and it goes deeper. And the screen offers a lot of more information
to me than the MXT screen does. (not bashing the MXT ! )
Never have thought I'll say this, and think I had a lot of luck to grab this VX3;
but you're correct, I also never get rid of my MXT.

Best of Luck

juit said:
88junior said:

get a li ion charging its a game changer

Using a Li-Ion battery pack here for the White's detectors, too.
But weigh is equal as the TRX is attached to the arm-cup.

Best of Luck

Ataching flashlights or other stuff will throw any whites lunch box machine out of balance, thats why i had to get rid of my sunray probe :(

For me the li ions makes it perfect balanced with a 8x6 sef coil or the mars 10x6

vito said:
JEF said:

Sorry to hear this, JEF.
When I had the V3i I had the same impressions and let it go.
The MXT(pro) was the first choice.
Last year in Sept. I got a great deal on a used VX3 I couldn't resisit.
The former owner must have changed a lot of settings as this detector was very noisy and erratic.
After doing the master reset this VX3 was a complete different machine.
Knowing the MXT(pro) I tweaked the VX3 a little and WOW. THIS is really a MXT on steroids.
This can be sweeped as fast as I do with the MXT, and it goes deeper. And the screen offers a lot of more information
to me than the MXT screen does. (not bashing the MXT ! )
Never have thought I'll say this, and think I had a lot of luck to grab this VX3;
but you're correct, I also never get rid of my MXT.

Best of Luck
Can tou share your vx3 settings?