Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

An Open Letter To All Metal Detector Manufacturers

A

Anonymous

An Open Letter To All Metal Detector Manufacturers
To Whom It May Concern,
The time has come. I am publicly pleading with all the metal detector manufacturers to come to our aid. It is time to set aside competitive differences and unite for a common cause.
When I started detecting over 30 years ago, it was legal to use a metal detector almost anywhere. As the years have gone by, I have seen more and more areas become off-limits. The reasons are many, but one that stands out is a lack of real commitment from the manufacturers of metal detectors.
I propose all the manufacturers form a trade organization. This organization should be jointly funded, and should maintain a full-time staff to look out for and respond to all threats to metal detecting. A good attorney needs to be kept on retainer. Perhaps a portion of each detector sale could go to funding the organization so we end users help fund this group.
We users could be employed as the ground troops to keep the organization informed of actions that might further restrict detecting, but the staff should be on every legislators contact list as the

this is already being done thru the fmdac and some other clubs and organizations. check them out at www.fmdac.com.

Hi Chuck,
I'm all for the FMDAC and other groups. But I've seen a lot of good done by official manufacturer groups. Check out the International Snowmobile Manufacturers Association (ISMA) at the link below.
Users groups are great, but they do not preclude the manufacturers from also getting more directly involved.
Steve Herschbach

The only thing I see about FMDAC is you must be a club.I do not belong to a club of any kind,I am on the road all the time and most clubs in my area do meetings though the week.If FMDAC would go with anyone could join and pay a dues.I am not sure about this from what I have seen,if I am wrong then please let me know.
I have to agree that that all brands should get involved on this.I just hope it dont go the way others have done,look at what the AMA did to motorcycles, they where good at first then the money and other things came up and they drop the ball,they are starting to come around, there are still clubs and orgs that are very upset with the way they were sold up the river.I know people will get upset over things I have said.Greed plays a big roll today, everyone thinks of money and trying to get even on things.If we all just get along and fight for the rights we have,let all things aside, then we will be stonger in our fight.
Thank You
Tom Spencer

i was thinking that the manufacturers were already doing that thru the fmdac. you may try contacting each one by e-mail and asking what they are doing to help in this area.