Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

And the Racer video arrives!! Courtesy of Mr. Keith Southern

JimmyCT

Thank you sir for taking the time to introduce the Racer - Jim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvw4o8J3wFo

Thank you Keith. Loved the video and glad to finally see and hear it come alive. A quote from the end of the video is one of the best I have ever heard. "It's a good looking' design too. I mean you just can't fault it. I mean, the way it looks. I mean it looks like you want to get out and do some hunting with it." I've always thought the T2 SE black and gold finish was maybe the best one I had ever looked at. But the Racer is visually really nice. It may not make any difference on the performance, but it beats an ugly detector! The wait continues for my tracking number.

I think I read the Racer starts up at a default gain setting of 50. And it was hitting a 10 inch dime? Nice.

Here is Keith's unpacking video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlFxVVDlp04

TabWhisperer he had turned the gain up to 98 to hit those coins. Pick it up around the 11:40 minute / second mark.

'70' and the FORS CoRe a default of '50.'

I will be doing more side-by-side work with both of them this weekend matching up the Gain numbers for comparison. I'll post the results afterwards.

Monte

Yep, you're right. I may have skipped over that by accident. On he deck I heard him mention default settings and not changing anything. I thought he was still in the default settings when he hit the deep coins.

That would of been phenomenal if he did. :drool: Don't get me wrong, the Racer is still impressive.

TabWhisperer said:
Yep, you're right. I may have skipped over that by accident. On he deck I heard him mention default settings and not changing anything. I thought he was still in the default settings when he hit the deep coins.

Well looks like Yall found the Videos LOL!!!

I turned the sens up on the in ground dime test..it was not on 70...

I got about 3 hours of hunting with the unit in a spot full of iron today...and I can say right off the bat the machine is more Powerful than the CoRe I have..not alot but if is more powerfull..Unmasking small coil to small coil dead heat even it so seems...Slight depth gain on high conductors at depth stock coil to stock coil also going to the Racer...

Racer airtest a tad better and in the dirt its more sparky on deeper iron...

We have asked for a powerful do it all machine and Makro has listened...

Alot to share right now....but need more testing to be sure..

I just got some quick stuff filmed ..More to follow..

Testing Blutooth Now..

Keith

I have some yellow/ orange/red clay with lots of rocks mixed in. I have watched his test results over the years, and when I use the same detectors Keith uses in his depth tests, I consistantly get 20-30 % less depth in my soil. In your soil you may get more depth or less depth than Keith does. Just something to keep in mind. I use Keiths depth tests as a reference if you will.
Bugg

Great video as usual Keith. Keep 'em coming.

the dongle and headphones is still a mystery

Keith, thank you for the very informative video. I appreciate all you do to help keep us informed.

I did notice while you were demonstrating the features and settings of the Makro Racer, when you came to the Frequency shift Tab, you demonstrated that you could place it on one of five settings. When you did this, you ended up leaving it on # 4. This could cause a reduction in performance per the manual. The manual states:

IMPORTANT! Frequency shift may impair performance. Therefore, it is suggested that you do
not shift the frequency unless it is required and operate it with the default settings (The default setting for Frequency Shift is # 3).

Just a heads up.

Thanks again Keith for all your hard work and help.

Mike

Now I won't have to send my F75 in and then have to WUNDER if it's going to be as good as Before they FIXED it. When Keith says "GO" I will order and never look back.

how does it see a ball of silver foil ?? clear or confused with a silver coin ?
and where do gold rings come on the TID

Hi all,
It would be nice to see Keith hit that same test garden with the Makro Large coil. Also, how were the VID numbers on those coins. Did I hear him say it ID'd the deep 13" nickel? That's pretty awesome, I think anyway.