Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ANDY am I missin SOMETHING

Andy am I missing something! You guys were saying in another thread that in order to switch frequencies to create another program exactly the same into another user bin! I'm lost on that one, I have one main program I use most and anytime I wanna switch frequencies I just go to menu to freq and switch it and then back out to the detect screen! So I don't understand why you would create the same program with only a freq adjustment into the user bins!! Or again am I MISSIN something.. Lol.. Thanks in advance good buddy, don't forget to sign my book and a next day air would be appreciated, and if you have an extra set if ws5's send them as well!! HAGAHA I'm kiddin man but really I hope to get a signed copy,

Here is a Readers Digest summary of the technique - using US coin hunters as the example but it can be used for other types of hunting as well.

Most coin hunters in the US opt for 12kHz or 8kHz when they search. The hurdle is identifying some problem targets in some sites - say rusted bottle caps for example. One technique to check higher TID values to see if they are coins or caps is to check the signal in a different frequency (lower). Yes, you can go into the menu and make a change or setup two identical programs in adjacenrt slots and simply use the <+> and <-> touchpads to toggle between the two when you want to check signals.

The quick sketch attached that I put together shows this.

Some have asked why they should have to "waste" an empty user slot to do this and find it a fault in terms of XP's design . . . . personally once I get the unit dialed in, I rarely use more than one or two of the slots since the program I created for a type of hunting (coins, relic, beach, etc.) is used 99% of the time - and if I do some other type of hunting, I modify and save settings in another of the 8 slots.

On the Minelab E-Trac, I never needed all of the emptry User bins and those that have hunted with me know, I had a number of custom settings saved and ready for use.

Let me know if this answers the question

Andy

Yep I was just wondering if there was something I was overlooking but you hit the nail on the head! Hope I didn't step outta line In that V3??? Wish list thread

Andy, I know it has been posted but seeing this made me think about it again. When you change to check the target what do you expect? Does the coin drop in vdi and the trash stay high? Now you know why we ordered your book as soon as it was available.

Thanks, Don

Good question and answer.
The Deus has lots of very useful features but like Andy once I get it dialed in to where I like it being able to quickly change frequencies is what I really like about this machine.
The X-Terra 705 is another great machine with 3 frequencies available (most underrated detector available IMO) but of course it means physically changing the coils.
The Deus can do this in less than a second, so for me being able to put the program that I use 99% of the time into 3 adjacent slots with only a frequency change is something I find very helpful.

Dave

Crusty said:
Good question and answer.
The Deus has lots of very useful features but like Andy once I get it dialed in to where I like it being able to quickly change frequencies is what I really like about this machine.
The X-Terra 705 is another great machine with 3 frequencies available (most underrated detector available IMO) but of course it means physically changing the coils.
The Deus can do this in less than a second, so for me being able to put the program that I use 99% of the time into 3 adjacent slots with only a frequency change is something I find very helpful.

Dave

Agreed which is also why I love my ctx, because you have hot keys to be able to jump around with! Now if someone could explain HOW to use the x-y visualization and multi target I'd be in heaven with the DEUS

X-Y screen gives a visual of the VDI, a traight line is a stable number (no jumping around) and a curly line some say it is trash, as how i see it -> it can be a good target.
a curl means that the object can have more material types, a bottle cap for instance has iron in it, the X-Y will give a curl or even an "8" drawing on the screen.
i don't know much about this because i almost never look at the screen anyway, if it sounds good i dig it.
bottle caps i check with swing the coil at the edge of the signal (iron sound).

for me the X-Y screen is not helping at anything, good signals in a contaminated site can still give curl and you may miss to dig that because of what you see rather then what you hear.

probably my story won't be any of your help but this is what i understand and tested with the x-y