Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anfibio Headphone Adapter

RLOH

As soon I got my Anfibio Multi, I ordered a factory adapter. From viewing the picture of it, I thought it was too short, but it is hard to conceive until you see it in person. When it arrived, I thought "wow, this is too short" When I hooked my 90 degree plug into it, it flopped terribly. I knew it would not last and it lasted exactly 10 hours and started shorting intermittently. I tried taking it apart and splicing in wires to make it longer. What I found were 3 thin wires with absolutely no sheathing around them. They appear to be color coded with some kind of dye.

I would hope that Notka would make this adapter about one foot long where you could route it with a gentle bend along the shaft slightly in from of the control box. I have done this with the Garrett AT Pro adapter. You can anchor the cord with velcro or wire ties and position the plug perfectly. As it is, it is always being pulled down with the weight of your headphone cord. It also swings back and forth as you sweep. It is just to darn short and I am sure that others will experience what happened to me.

I only have used mine once for a couple of hours, but I used one of those velcro straps to hold the cord to the headphones(not the adapter) firmly to the shaft. My thinking is making the adapter cord longer would actually be of no help. Just my 2c worth.

I only have used mine once for a couple of hours, but I used one of those velcro straps to hold the cord to the headphones(not the adapter) firmly to the shaft. My thinking is making the adapter cord longer would actually be of no help. Just my 2c worth.
James, I had an AT Pro that I lengthened the cord. I ran it under the foam grip and terminated it under the arm cup. It worked great. I all but ruined the Notka adapter by cutting it. I don't feel too bad as it was already shorting out. After the fact, I should have called the repair center and requested a new one. I thought I could splice it to make it longer. I should have done what you did and anchor the headphone cord just above the plug. Using velcro makes it easier to remove the phones.