Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anfibio makes a few finds today

Mild weather today gave me a chance to get the Anfibio out for one more hunt this year. Went to a couple of my same old parks, which have been pounded. Old coins were hard to come by, but I managed to squeeze out a couple of Wheats and a 1917 Mercury Dime. As you can see, I dug a lot of targets. I hunted mostly in 5 tone, 14 khz, 70-90 gain, 0 isat. It was great to get out again.

Attachments

• p2.jpg
    p2.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 202
  • p1.jpg
    p1.jpg
    268.7 KB · Views: 203
Me too!! That's a lot of diggin! Looks like it paid off. Congrats!
HH okie

One silver coin is all it takes to make it a great day. Kudos for posting the trash as well. It takes dedication and practice to fish the good old coins out of a sea of metal debris.

Hey okierebel. That was a lot of digging. I am surprised at the amount of new money that is dropped. It's much more fun to find the older stuff, but at least there is something being replenished in our hunted out parks.

Hey dfmike. It is nice to pull out a silver. They are getting so hard to come by in parks. Regarding trash, I did dig some pull tabs as well, but not too many. I usually only dig pull tabs if they are deep, as I have a hard time passing up any signal that is showing some depth.

I got out for about an hour with my anfibio today. Found a 1924 mercury dime. I was using the 7 inch concentric coil. I’m having a hard time getting used to that coil. I can’t explain what the problem is but right now I just do better with the 9.5X5 DD coil. About everywhere I hunt is full of iron so I mainly use small coils.

Hey dfmike. It is nice to pull out a silver. They are getting so hard to come by in parks. Regarding trash, I did dig some pull tabs as well, but not too many. I usually only dig pull tabs if they are deep, as I have a hard time passing up any signal that is showing some depth.
The trick for me is to go to the nastiest old places and put my detector down to find the areas with the most trash (more trash means more people moving about and dropping stuff). I settle for machine gun sounding areas. If I pick up a few square nails and/or a few old pennies from that area, silver will eventually be found (my ratio last Fall has been about 1 silver to 8 copper coins). Many poeple have detected where I go. Most get discouraged by the amount of bottle caps and iron bits and pieces and give up. Yet, I regularly pluck out silver coins from those areas. The hard truth is that most of these coins are either partially or totally masked by trash and only patience and a small coil will find some. I say some because I'm sure there's plenty more where I have already passed. Sadly, some will never be unmasked or perhaps they will once the iron bits crumble to pieces in rust powder.