Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Angles question

My answer is gonna sound weird at first... the terrain where I hunt is almost always angled or has steep angles due to my location in upstate SC... very "hilly" . so when pinpointing a target on a steep (45deg) hill I use a counter clockwise circular motion while also rotating myself if I can. usually puts me center or slightly off center target wise. if the hill is not so steep I don't hit my pinpoint... I swing left to right shortening each swing while watching the ground underneath the coil, then turn 90 deg and do the same... the cross hair pin point method has put my targets in the center of my plugs almost 90% of the time...I still get fooled. hope my crazy hill pinpointing method helps...

In playing around here at home I’m finding the detune method as described works really good on basically flat ground, not so much on the steeper inclines. X method at least gets it closer but I find if I’m not slipping on the slope then the detector is almost too long to swing on the cross swing.
I do appreciate the responses as that was getting difficult to attack, still is but now more manageable in my head!