Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Annual visit to handicap childrens Camp

K Wills

Folks, I'll be leaving for a trip to Houston this morning, but will be back Monday so to load-up and head for Kerrville, TX. for our 10th Annual visit to the Lions Camp for Handicap Children. We will start working with the kids at 8:00 AM Wed. June the 7th. Our last class of kids will end about 4:30 PM that day. Then Thursday morning the 8th at 8:00 AM we will start over again with another full day of kids to teach metal detecting to.
The Camp already has plenty of metal detectors that has been donated to them years ago and I have plenty of foreign coins many of you donated I'll be taking to hide for the kids these two days. We will meet under the horse pavilion as usual and the dirt will be soft enough to throw the coins in to hide for the kids.
Garrett was kind enough this year to provide small coin purses and lanyards so the kids can wear these coin purses around their necks, this will make it much easier for many of those handicap children to carry the coins they find.
We hope some of you plan to come and help us and the children this year. Below I will give you directions and motels. If you have any questions you can contact me by cell phone at: (903) 918-1890 starting Tuesday morning when I will be on the road until Friday. The Camps phone number is (830)896-8500 if you need it.

Motelsays Inn 830-896-1000
Motel 6 830-257-1500
Comfort Inn 830-792-7700
Econo Lodge 830-896-1711
RV camping is at the State Park
830-257-4474
KOA camping 830-895-1665

Directions:
You will most likely enter Kerrville on Hwy 16 from Fredericksburg and as you enter Kerrville most all the motels are on Hwy 16 in that strip, if you follow Hwy 16 thru town to Hwy 27 (just before you cross the river) turn left and go out of the city limits past the college then you will see signs at the entrance for the Texas Lions Camp. As you enter the Camp you will notice a building on your right, park in front and go in and sign the guest book on the table just inside the door, pick up a visitors tag and put your name on it so everyone will know who you are, especially the kids, do this each day. Then get back in your car and head up hill to the horse pavilion on the right. Park in front and bring in your folding chair and join us under the pavilion for a great day with the kids.
As always, we are invited to eat lunch each day with the kids there on the Camp, so you don't need anything to eat. After the day with the kids, we usually as a group go out to eat Wed. evening and enjoy a little fellowship with all.
This will be one of the most rewarding experiences of your life and something you'll want to do again and again every year. You will not believe the excitement this is for the kids and for you. We are showing these kids that no matter their handicap, there is one outdoor recreational sport they can enjoy regardless. The kids will love you for this and we love you for taking time out to share with these many wonderful kids. We hope to see many of you there. Sincerely Keith Wills