Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another Question On The Cortes

A

Anonymous

I recently aquired a Cortes on a trade and have been tinkering with it in my yard, today I noticed that there is no tone variation between a nickel and a quarter. I thought that the Cortes had tone ID. My machine appears to be almost new, it has the non glare face plate, and has the mods. which slow down the tuning out of targets, and also has very good volume on deep targets in the all metal mode. I was wondering if these mods affected the tone ID feature. I have noticed in the sum mode that the tone progressively gits higher as you sweep and and remains at the higher pitch after it compiles the informtion. Is my machine on the blink or is this normal? Sorry for asking so many questions. Merry X-Mas to all and HH.
Jerry Murphy

You will only hear a change in tone while in the sum mode. Otherwise, there is no tone ID. I have been using the Cortes since shortly after it first came out and I have no interest in trying a different dertector. It is a fine detector and you will have lots of fun with it once you learn it. I just unwrapped a Cleansweep coil for it, and can't wait for the weather to change so I can try it out at the local soccer field.
Merry Christmas
Rick

A good set of headphones (forget the sony walkman style) will help you hone in on the coin sounds. That and learning the target Id response you get should help you.