Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Another Water Huntin' Mod Question

I know that you have to have the antenna attached at the coil and the other end above the water.

Do you need to use the control unit, or can you use just the Backbones only?

Also, the antenna mod needs to be used for any type of water hunting? ie. Fresh and/or saltwater

Hi diggin. You have to attach the antenna to the remote. You would need it for any type of water hunting.

The antenna is only attached to the coil and run up the shaft. The reason for the antenna is to allow the coil (which is the detector) to communicate with the control pod or the headphones. The antenna is not connected to either one of them. Once you get the coil submerged more than 6 inches or so, the signal is blocked and it does not communicate with the other components.

As far as fresh or salt water, you will need it for either as both block the signal from the coil.

Let me know if you need more details on this mod

Andy Sabisch

Hi Andy. I am confused. You don't attach the antenna to the control box?? I have been using the Deus in water for a month or so. I have to strap or attach one end of the antenna to the control box in order for it to receive the signal. Simply having it above the surface does not work. Are you doing something different or have a better way, I would be interested in more details

Kevin

There is a detailed thread on how to connect the antenna to the coil for water hunting that Jim Pugh and Ronnie Heyer posted here as well as eslewhere . . . . . see his post and link above and you will see several photos showing their setup.

Hope this helps

Andy

Andy Sabisch said:
The antenna is only attached to the coil and run up the shaft. The reason for the antenna is to allow the coil (which is the detector) to communicate with the control pod or the headphones. The antenna is not connected to either one of them. Once you get the coil submerged more than 6 inches or so, the signal is blocked and it does not communicate with the other components.

As far as fresh or salt water, you will need it for either as both block the signal from the coil.

Let me know if you need more details on this mod

Andy Sabisch
Thanks Andy,
I did find the Mod threads both here and elsewhere. My detecting buddy was thinking that this mod was for saltwater hunting and that water wouldn't matter on the reception of the coil. Being that he was uninformed and then got me confused, I thought I would come here and clarify for myself.

Will be doing this soon. Ground is getting to tough to dig here in Northern Indiana since we haven't gotten any rain in quite awhile.

click this link and look for "Last Call"

enlarge pictures for detail and part # 's

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?83,1698604,1703800#msg-1703800

Love my Deus nuthing Faster not even Super Man .... "MUCH Faster than.... a ....Speeding Bullet"

Happy Trails
jimpugh

jimpugh said:
click this link and look for "Last Call"

enlarge pictures for detail and part # 's

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?83,1698604,1703800#msg-1703800

Love my Deus nuthing Faster not even Super Man .... "MUCH Faster than.... a ....Speeding Bullet"

Happy Trails
jimpugh

Thanks Jim,

I came across that yesterday and will be using that as my guide.

best of digging to ya'