Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any ideals ??

D&Kdigs

Does anyone recognize this. Appears to be some kind of locking ring found 6"-8" deep near a long removed railroad track. Thanks
Ring.jpg
Ring Date.jpg
Ring back.jpg

Measurements are approximately 17" i.d. x 21" o.d. and appears to be cast iron. Google hasn't been much help. Thanks again.

Maybe a ring to a cast iron stovetop?
Mark

I researched it but didn't see anything close. It looks like its locking so maybe some type of pressure ring. There were a lot of stills here back in the day as well.

I would say by its size, it may be a truck tire rim Lock Ring, They had 2-piece and 3-piece rims and both used a lock ring either a single split ring or a 2-piece locking system that had a larger solid bead ring and a smaller slip locking ring.
Do a search for older style truck and tractor split ring rims or wheels.
Now, the one you have looks a little different from the ones I changed in the 70's but before then there was likely several other types of those man killers that I never seen.
Mark

Wasn't quite sure that cultivator wheel was exactly right so I asked my buddy to do some research for me and he nailed it for sure, this is a BARREL CLOSURE.
My buddy found there was 483 patents issued in the U.S. on Nov.14 1899 and went through them until he found this patent which was issued to a guy named H.A. Mceachern
I've got this link that shows a picture of one & it's exactly like the one you found, I'm going to send this link to my brother and see if he can post it here for us, stay tuned.

Okay so far no luck with the link my brother (still looking 52) but was able to get a picture of what is on the link.
I will let brother SL52 take it from here.

Brother Ron in WV

.What it is.PNG