Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

any more info on F4 vs platinum? or F4 vs anything like...

tbird

f4 vs ace 250 , etc. thinking of getting a detector, but would like any thoughts on the f4, 250, silver umax, or anything in the mid range. i currently have a rs landstar, tracker IV, which i like. i had a 3300 and it seemed to be a good detector, but battery life was awful. maybe i don't need to upgrade at all, but you all know how this sickness is, to try more detectors.

thanks

Well, I do have the Ace 250 and I too have looking hard at the Fisher F4. I have not been pleased with my Ace 250. What all those who praise the Ace 250 fail to mention is that the 250 has pre-set Ground Balance. This is set for average soil and maybe those who give high marks to the Ace 250 have perfect ground conditions for the machine. I don't and in two years of ownership I have never found anything deeper than about 4 inches.

I think the Ace 250 should do better than that but the pre-set GB kills it in my soil conditions. Others soil conditions may be different. Pinpointing seems iffy at best as the target seems to drift as I try to pinpoint it. Again, may be local soil conditions, don't know. Also, the owners manual is a joke.

The Ace 250 may do well for others in different conditions but for me it hasn't done the job. Can't say anything about the other machines you mentioned as I have no experence with them.

Good luck and HH.

Get a Bounty Hunter Land Star and forget all the hype that more money buys a better detector...BS!!!...My LandStar has manual ground balance, and auto tracking ground balance...I have found dime size objects at 8-10 inches here in NY, and the soil around here is heavily Alkaline...Total Price bought on eBay...$170.00 + 20.00 S&H...

i had 2 3300's and didn't like the slow reset speed, and inconsistent responses to targets, hit once then 3 to 4 swings nothing, same targets my whites would hit every time, also i like the target modulation to change, loud on shallow targets and quieter an deep targets, don't get me wrong i think the 3300 was a fair machine but i started with a whites id which has a faster target response, hard to slow down once you have had faster, thats why i have the t-2, to pick through the iron. this is why i would like to hear more on the platinum. I'm glad you are happy with your LandStar. thompy