Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any new updates on those NEL coils?

Treasurechic

I emailed them twice but got no response.

Yes, it will. I'll be sure to put down a sheet over my test garden just in case it's no different. I will say this I am getting 10 inch clad quarter no problem with my SP 22 I love this detector.

I want the NEL Superfly coil. It's super lightweight and 11x12 perfect!
The Nel Superfly coil may turn out to be great, but it's only 2 ounces less and 1 inch larger than the standard 11' Simplex SP28 coil. That original coil was like swinging a garbage can lid, really awkward. Not being negative, but I just parked my Simplex detector until the 9.5"x 5" SP24 coil came out. The Nel Snake coil, on the other hand, would be very beneficial especially if it weighs in at under 11 ounces.

Last edited:
The Nel Superfly coil may turn out to be great, but it's only 2 ounces less and 1 inch larger than the standard 11' Simplex SP28 coil. That original coil was like swinging a garbage can lid, really awkward. Not being negative, but I just parked my Simplex detector until the 9.5"x 5" SP24 coil came out. The Nel Snake coil, on the other hand, would be very beneficial especially if it weighs in at under 11 ounces.
2 oz less is a huge difference. Huge.
I find that 11” coil to be a total joy to use on the simplex compared to the kruzer. That 11” coil is pretty amazing in what it can do. In park 2 it’s a freaking weapon, it will do good on shallow separation and it still gets pretty deep on coin size stuff. Love it.
The Superfly will cost 180$ like it does for other machines.... that’s a lot for this detector.... I hope it somehow beats the 11” stock coil. On the t2, it’s similar in performance to the stock 11x7. Maybe less than one inch deeper. In boost mode it’s quite a bit deeper, and eerily quiet.
Sp24 is great too. I just know that it doesnt get near the depth. It won’t touch a single target in my garden. I bet a nel snake is as deep as the sp24. And separates even better.

2 oz less is a huge difference. Huge.
I find that 11” coil to be a total joy to use on the simplex compared to the kruzer. That 11” coil is pretty amazing in what it can do. In park 2 it’s a freaking weapon, it will do good on shallow separation and it still gets pretty deep on coin size stuff. Love it.
The Superfly will cost 180$ like it does for other machines.... that’s a lot for this detector.... I hope it somehow beats the 11” stock coil. On the t2, it’s similar in performance to the stock 11x7. Maybe less than one inch deeper. In boost mode it’s quite a bit deeper, and eerily quiet.
Sp24 is great too. I just know that it doesnt get near the depth. It won’t touch a single target in my garden. I bet a nel snake is as deep as the sp24. And separates even better.
That SP24 was made for the Simplex to be " juiced up" with 2.77 according to one youtube pundit. Personally I think it is great but probably not going to hit all the targets the SP28 would hit. For me the weight difference is worth a few targets. Just depends on your perspective.
When I was younger I would go for the Superfly in a heartbeat. But you have to listen to your body and know you limitations as you grow older. Hope it works out for you.

That SP24 was made for the Simplex to be " juiced up" with 2.77 according to one youtube pundit. Personally I think it is great but probably not going to hit all the targets the SP28 would hit. For me the weight difference is worth a few targets. Just depends on your perspective.
When I was younger I would go for the Superfly in a heartbeat. But you have to listen to your body and know you limitations as you grow older. Hope it works out for you.
I have no plans on purchasing any other coil for the simplex except the nel snake 6.5x3.5. I’m not convinced that the Superfly will outperform the stock coil enough to justify purchase.

I find that 11” coil to be a total joy to use on the simplex compared to the kruzer. That 11” coil is pretty amazing in what it can do.
Of all the different makes and models I've owned or used, I find the round 11" sock coil on the Simplex + to be one of the most enjoyable to use. Both in weight and balance as well as in-the-field performance.

Sp24 is great too. I just know that it doesnt get near the depth. It won’t touch a single target in my garden. I bet a nel snake is as deep as the sp24. And separates even better
My primary-use Simplex + coil is the 5X9½ DD, and I seriously doubt that a NEL 'Snake' coil will match the depth and performance. I liked what the NEL Snake coil could do on the Racer 2, but I don't see it edging the 5X9½ DD for general-duty use. The only NEL coil that might interest me is the round 'Sharp' coil IF they can make it nd make it work well enough to compete with the CoRe, Relic or Racer 2 in dense iron contaminated sites.

Monte

I’m using the 5” right now on the g2. It’s excellent. It seems nearly identical to the snake in overall performance. I’m able to follow the sp24 and continue digging more targets next to other plug holes from previous visits. I’m digging relics amongst the kr24 plugs from the anfibio as well with the g2 using the 5” and the sharpshooter.

The simplex and g2 are going rounds in this site and each machine is re-enforcing my belief for this season that simpler is better as they each fill the keepers box on each visit.

I hate to admit it but the simplex might beat out the g2 once it gets a smaller coil. The kruzer and the g2 were so close in performance with small coils (shallow ferrous unmasking) that I decided to sell the kruzer. It was easier to recoup some funds from it.

The simplex is pretty incredible. It makes one excited for the next release from Nokta/Makro.

The t2se is going in tomorrow with the 5” coil to see what it will do. I predict more digging around previous plugs.

I’m using the 5” right now on the g2. It’s excellent. It seems nearly identical to the snake in overall performance. I’m able to follow the sp24 and continue digging more targets next to other plug holes from previous visits. I’m digging relics amongst the kr24 plugs from the anfibio as well with the g2 using the 5” and the sharpshooter.

The simplex and g2 are going rounds in this site and each machine is re-enforcing my belief for this season that simpler is better as they each fill the keepers box on each visit.

I hate to admit it but the simplex might beat out the g2 once it gets a smaller coil. The kruzer and the g2 were so close in performance with small coils (shallow ferrous unmasking) that I decided to sell the kruzer. It was easier to recoup some funds from it.

The simplex is pretty incredible. It makes one excited for the next release from Nokta/Makro.

The t2se is going in tomorrow with the 5” coil to see what it will do. I predict more digging around previous plugs.
I've owned 4 of the F-19's, the same as the G2+. I have only used the standard coils and the 5" DD I have, and I much prefer the performance with the 5" DD. On the T2 series, I favored the T2+ over my T2, T2 Classic and T2 SE models for various reasons. On all of them, I had my better all-purpose performance with the 5" DD coil, often using that coil excursively on them. The T2' w/5" DD out-performed most of the Greek series and others models with a 5" DD coil, except the F-19 / G2+ did have a bit of an edge when the T2's were also in 2+ Tone ID.

I have other makes / models that use a ±5" DD coil that out-perform any of the Tek. and Fisher units in really tough iron contaminated environments. That's why I hope for a good-working 5" for the Simplex + to see how it might compare.

Monte

I've owned 4 of the F-19's, the same as the G2+. I have only used the standard coils and the 5" DD I have, and I much prefer the performance with the 5" DD. On the T2 series, I favored the T2+ over my T2, T2 Classic and T2 SE models for various reasons. On all of them, I had my better all-purpose performance with the 5" DD coil, often using that coil excursively on them. The T2' w/5" DD out-performed most of the Greek series and others models with a 5" DD coil, except the F-19 / G2+ did have a bit of an edge when the T2's were also in 2+ Tone ID.

I have other makes / models that use a ±5" DD coil that out-perform any of the Tek. and Fisher units in really tough iron contaminated environments. That's why I hope for a good-working 5" for the Simplex + to see how it might compare.

Monte
Monte, do you feel that the kruzer/Anfibio are equal ability in these scenarios as the Fors relic/Core? Or are those the models your referring to? Impact? I know the relic is your favorite with the OOR-DD.

Monte, do you feel that the kruzer/Anfibio are equal ability in these scenarios as the Fors relic/Core?
Honestly, No. I have had slightly better performance in the field, in some really terrible iron challenged ghost towns and other tough sites, with both my FORS CoRe w/'OOR' DD coil and FORS Relic w/5" DD coil when doing side-by-side comparisons with the Multi-Kruzer and Anfibio Multi with their 5" DD coils. Very close, but with a couple of encountered targets, and with one really tough test scenario, 'll grab the CoRe or Relic because they work the best. They also out-performed the Racer 2 and Impact w/their 'OOR' or 5" coils in the same comparisons. Very close, but I went with the winners.

Or are those the models your referring to? Impact?
I was referring the the Nokta FORS CoRe and FORS Relic, primarily. I used the reference to a ±5" coil to include both the CoRe and Relic's smaller-size coils. The CoRe uses a 4.7X52. DD coil so it is just slightly "out-of-round" which is why I used the 'OOR' description for it. The Relic's smaller-size coil is labeled a 5" and it measures very close to that and is round.

I know the relic is your favorite with the OOR-DD.
When working locations with a very challenging amount of ferrous debris, the Relic w/5" DD is my favorite model. I can take advantages of the Iron Audio Volume that it features. If there is a low-to-moderate amount of ferrous trash at a littered location, then I am just fine with the CoRe w/'OOR' DD even though it lacks Iron Audio Volume. It still has a pleasant low-tone Iron Audio and the performance, overall, is especially impressive.

Again, I am talking about hunting sites that have a lot of ferrous junk to include an abundance of Iron Nails, other Iron debris, and a lot of rusty tin pieces, from small shards to can-size trash.

Monte

I have no plans on purchasing any other coil for the simplex except the nel snake 6.5x3.5. I’m not convinced that the Superfly will outperform the stock coil enough to justify purchase.
Did you get the snake coil ?
How has it performed ?
I love the SP 24 so far.

I really like the SP24. The 5X9½ Open-Frame DD has been working okay in most applications. That said, I do wish they would have made a 5" DD for the Simplex +, and I wish NEL would as well. But still no word back from them after a couple of e-mails and it has been another year's wait for a release. So, I just rely on my other detectors with the smaller round coils that can work where I need them.

Monte