Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any of the new Simplex coils available in the USA yet?

Treasurechic

I don't see them available at my usual large scale dealer. I did send them an email asking.

Supposed to be available some time this month. You can Pre-order them at Diggers Den metal detectors. I pre-orderd the 5"x9.5"

Supposed to be available some time this month. You can Pre-order them at Diggers Den metal detectors. I pre-orderd the 5"x9.5"
Since I've read the report by Sven on the new round coil, he says it weighs the same and gets the same depth, what do you think the advantages of the round coil would be? I am happy with the stock coil.

Since I've read the report by Sven on the new round coil, he says it weighs the same and gets the same depth, what do you think the advantages of the round coil would be? I am happy with the stock coil.
I would think an urban setting for mid to deeper coins with moderate amounts of trash it would be excellent. Would also think it would do well in less trashy homesites where smaller targets may be a bit deep. I can see a distinct benefit to all 3 available or nearly available coils.

I would think an urban setting for mid to deeper coins with moderate amounts of trash it would be excellent. Would also think it would do well in less trashy homesites where smaller targets may be a bit deep. I can see a distinct benefit to all 3 available or nearly available coils.
Still the stock coil will do all of that. I am trying to find a good reason to spend the $100+ for the same depth but smaller size coil that does just about the same thing.

Still the stock coil will do all of that. I am trying to find a good reason to spend the $100+ for the same depth but smaller size coil that does just about the same thing.
I guess I would get the 8” and try it out. It’s pretty easy for me to overwhelm the 11” round coil. It doesn’t take a super trashy site to do it. If your an iron hunter like me, they all have a distinct advantage imo.
Example: in a old homesite that hasn’t been plowed up say it’s cow pasture or woods. The 8” will be great. Say a homesite that’s been plowed repeatedly, 9.5x5 will be the better choice. Nothing is deep. Say just hunting open field with sparse targets, stock coil. That’s the just of how each would apply to my hunting. Good luck.