Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

any one here from nj.

coin2

HELLO

How many people that post on this site live in nj? any one from the warren county area ? I feel like im the only one that live's in this area,and treasure hunts.When i go to my local park i never see any one that likes to do this hobby.

priscilla

lol I past Blairstown on my way to East Orange when I buy cases of wine when I run low.And while going to staten island every other week.Are there that many places around where you are to metal detect?
I thought that there might be a few old schools around where you are,or in the Newtown areas....I used to buy rasin bread in Blairstown.I used to get off of rt80 and head towards blairstown and hang a left and go down a bit and a store used to sell it many years ago on the right side,wonder if they are in business anymore?JohnnyT

HI

What was the name of this store? there are some places. theres a parck along r94 on the left hand side of the road,going tord blairstown. I take my detector their. and blairstown has two parks. blairstown has a old school,but i never got to ckeck it out. Theres a lot of historical sites that are off limets in blairstown,and around where i live. their are some old churches to,theres one just down the road from my home,and it was founed back in 1776,. right now iv been searhing in my back yard,and today i found a dime 1991,qorter 1985,and, penny 1947. thats the oldest penny i have found in my back yard ! :happy:

I know that there were a few good looking places to Detect at(don't know the Route}While I was coming from Newton towards rt80.
Its kinda built up since the 80s around there.
I am sure there are many better places to detect other then your backyard lol.
But then again do you have to worry about detecting at MOST spots because the State Troopers will take your detector away?
I want to detect at the Water Gap but thats I guess is Federal land and thats not good.JohnnyT

HI jt

This area is building up so fast its scary. some places just do not look the same. true,newton is building up fast ! if your detecting on privet proporty,than the state trooper cant say anything. I was detecting in front of my sistore's house and thats right on the main road,and a trooper whent' by but dide't ask me what,I was doing. yea's federal land is off limits to all of us.:sad: i found some places in my area to detect,but most of them are on privet land.:detecting:

Try a Local Boy Scout Camp.........
I had a Garrett CX3 but someone took it from my garage a few months back...Now I am looking to buy a garrett GTI2500 or Whites DFX in the next few weeks.
I read in another site that boy Scout Camps are great places to hunt at.I hope to find a few from the web from the Pa and NJ areas....
I think that there are a few good places in hackettstown area.
I used to live in Stanhope years ago next to netcong off of rt206 and cannot beleave all the buildup......Used to go to a nite club years ago called the light house near the grand Union lake hopatcong,,,,Not that many years ago lol...JohnnyT

HI JT

Did you ever find out how took it? not to far from my house is a old camp. its run down,but the land is privet proporty now. I whan't to look up some more info on it before i ask to hunt it. my father told me that it was also a boy scout camp to.we have some old camps in my area,i now that blairstown has two. i like whites detecters,i have the mxt. love it! they say that the dfx is a good michen. but i have never used it. neither have i tryed the other one that you are talking about.I dont' go to stanhope but i now that its building up to. do you go to stroudsburg? its geting built up to !

priscilla

Yea I get to Stoudsburg when I want to get a meatball hero lol.
Everywhere is getting builtup and glad I bought a nice house in a good area.And like I said before yeaaa need to checkout the Internet and see what are good areas in Northern NJ,Campgrounds are great places.I took a few things over to my brothers house and thought I might have put the detector in his garage,but maybe something else happened to it?
Used the Garrett maybe twice but now since I retired from NYC and have lots more time on my hands i need a hobby,Being in my early 40s and drinking at nite can get a tad boring.{naaaa I love it}.
I need to get a detector in the next few weeks before I go to Calif.
I want to use it when I am in Northern Calif to look for gold nuggetts in early July.And then I hope to use it alot more when I get back and find new places to hunt at........JT

HI

I will check out the internet for nj. well i hope you find your other detector. have a nice day :happy:

priscilla

Naaaaa don't think I will find it,,,,think someone took it lol.
Will have to buy a DFX or garrett Gti2500 before July.
I hope you find many new places to hunt at since its getting nice out.
If you find a great spot let me know lol,naaaa better not i will tell everyone on this site lol...JohnnyT

Let me tell you that South Jersey SUCKS for MD sometimes. The sandy silt is like quicksand for coins & relics. I can never tell until I get to a site if it will be clay :bouncy: or silt:ranting:.

Last week I went out for 2 hours and only got a tick in my knee and poison ivy.

HI

Thats to bad ! I came down with the flue this past week ,and im still trying to recover from it. i tryed to do some hunting today but just felt tpriscillayered all day.