Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any primarily Deus Lite users here?

bigtim1973

Curious to see who is uses the lite configuration with factory settings without remote. I would like to know your impressions compared to what you used to swing. I know most are using the remote or have purchased an ORX because of the ID screen. I have an ORX and had the Complete deus set up as well. But have sold Deus set up and stuck to the ORX.

Now wanting a little back up I am going to use just the Deus lite version for a bit.

So who wants to chime in?

Hi bigtim
My main detector is the Orx with several coils that I keep in a backpack with everything I need including a small shovel. Then I have a Deus lite with WS4 headset in another backpack kit. I alternate use between them and share the coils. The DL is what I use in a pinch. I’ve tried various configurations with wired phones to see the target ID’s but I’m not satisfied with any yet so I still use the Deus lite by audio. Have a new idea for that to try - lightweight on ear phones on a cap and the puck on a lanyard. Will see. I don’t mess much with settings so the remote is a waste for me. But these are my main two detectors. I’m mostly a woods relic hunter with occasional parks and fields. They’re all I need. Sold most everything else for one reason or another.

Your use of the lite version is really what I have in mind.

I believe it would be a very good field machine and woods unit.

I have also considered it for shallow water hunting as well. With a sort of lanyard to hold it in a kind of neck wallet configuration.

Or the water proof bag that is available.

I considered the stem mount but it seems the screen would be so small viewing it that way.

The arm band configuration seems a little more tempting.

Anyways most of the stuff in the woods for civil war relics and such are mid range targets.

The idea of cherry picking while coin shooting is more of a reason why I would want a screen.

So going to keep the ORX as the main unit for that.

I used the armband for a while last summer. Works well but seems a little in the way when digging. The Deus lite works well in water with the antenna wire going to the clip attached to the WS4. Tethered like wired phones though. Still wish they had a better solution for water use. I tried the DL puck attached to a pouch on belt so it faced up and didn’t move a small jack coil extension went to the WS4 that is zip tied to my XP cap the coil cord can be moved to run up to the WS4 from my back so it’s completely out of my way and makes it essentially wireless. This works great and the display is always easy to see and make adjustments to. The Coiltek cord is short or only a short portion used but it’s recommended so it can’t pull or snag.

That is another option I have thought about in it. Using it for beach hunting or water hunting. Heck I don't even live near one to begin with!!

But maybe one day it will come in handy.

I took and considered all sorts of ways to us the DL. But my main way initially was for a woods unit.

There are tons of relic hunting areas here in TN.

So if I ever get the lead out and all I will get going with it.

Can't wait!!!

I thought you were in the mid west, I’d like to see Tennessee someday. Don’t travel much lately. May soon have a historical colonial property in Connecticut to detect. Rev war artifact opportunities for sure as there’s documented activity on and around the property. Can’t wait. The plan is use the 11” coil for max coverage and the 9” and elliptical for areas dense in targets.

Curious to see who is uses the lite configuration with factory settings without remote. I would like to know your impressions compared to what you used to swing. I know most are using the remote or have purchased an ORX because of the ID screen. I have an ORX and had the Complete deus set up as well. But have sold Deus set up and stuck to the ORX.

Now wanting a little back up I am going to use just the Deus lite version for a bit.

So who wants to chime in?
Hello I am using the Deus lite (without RC ) I am a little confused about factory settings I have used program 3 and 5 and 6 which do you think performs the best

I have the ORX &DEUS 1 .. I take the leather pouch / control cover and I have a Go Pro chest mount harness i clip the pouch to where the Go Pro goes.. It is easy to flip open top goes downwards makes it easy to see the remote .. You can slide the ORX or the DEUS in it .. I detect by tones so it is sorta same as a DEUS Lite just better options
I mostly detect with DEUS #9 Hot program with the 9.5x5" HF coils
My latest pull tabs tones

Attachments

• park ring.jpg
    park ring.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 59
  • Rahilly ring.jpg
    Rahilly ring.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 54
  • 4 rings.jpg
    4 rings.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 56
As a Tesoro user, I found the Deus to be similar in its voice. I started with the Fisher F2 because it had numbers and notch. After using Tesoros, neither mean much to me anymore. Objects close together give numbers not related to either.

The remote is handy for pinpointing but Gold Field works well for the same purpose. I usually take the remote along in the leather carrier but usually don't even turn it on. If the sound tells me to dig, I dig. Numbers can and do mislead. If you count on VID, you will miss desirable targets. Listen to the sounds. Lay a pull tab on the ground. Sweep it length wise and cross wise. You will be able to tell it is longer than it is wide and the sound "warbles" too, unlike a round object like a coin or gold ring.

The remote is nice but the reality is that I could get along without it just fine. I would miss the non motion all metal but have other detectors that have it if the need arrives.