Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any reason not to buy an Impact?

GA1dad

There is one for sale locally. Any issues, shortcomings or other concerns I should be aware of?

It’s a great detector, I have 2 of them , 5” DD coil on one and 11” Round DD coil on the other. Lots of modes to choose from. Easy switching modes back and forth. I like the 3 Frequencies it has to offer 5-14-20. Hopefully the price is right, if so I would jump on it. GS

I got hooked on Nokta products after getting and using the Impact. Great detector overall.

Love my Impact.

Easy to set up and easy to use, but at the same time so many settings and modes to customize if you choose to.

Check new pricing before buying a used unit though. Impact prices have come way down and you can buy new Impact Pro Packs very close to the $500 dollar mark. Check with your dealers.

HH
Mike

Really like my Impact and been using it for more than a year. I like the versatility of switching search modes. My personal setting is DI3 and DI4 which I use 80% of the time (for parks) and I switch back to VLX1 20% of the time. And DEEP, (Open older lots) for silver with a setting of 5kHz. Like Mike H. said, "prices have come way down". Good luck GA1Dad in your search.

TC-NM

GA1dad:
There is one for sale locally. Any issues, shortcomings or other concerns I should be aware of?

Well, it's been a month. Did you buy it, and if so, how has it been working out for you? What search coils came with it or have you acquired?

I have a lot of detectors, but I miss my stolen Impact enough that I am looking to purchase a brand new Impact soon. One 5" for dense debris, probably the 11" for wide-open spaces, but the 7" Concentric is what will stay mounted most of the time. A great unit for traditional Coin & Jewelry Hunting, and with the 7" it makes a versatile 'Scouting Unit' for checking out any interesting, out-of-the-way, or potential site. I mainly used the GEN, Di2, Di3 and DEEP modes with my preferred settings. Ample performance to handle my needs.

I'm curious how things worked out for you.

Monte

GA1dad:

Well, it's been a month. Did you buy it,
I'm curious how things worked out for you.
Monte

It sold before I could get it. However, I was able to buy a pair of Deteknix W6 Pro wireless headphones from the same seller, and met a new fellow detectorist in my area,,, so it wasn't a total loss.
Between those and a couple of new coils for my current fleet, that might be all I get to upgrade this year. I am still pondering on a Simplex as I don't currently have a waterproof machine.

GA1dad:
It sold before I could get it. However, I was able to buy a pair of Deteknix W6 Pro wireless headphones from the same seller, and met a new fellow detectorist in my area,,, so it wasn't a total loss.
Between those and a couple of new coils for my current fleet, that might be all I get to upgrade this year. I am still pondering on a Simplex as I don't currently have a waterproof machine

Thanks for the reply. Always curious about the outcome when folks make a post like that, and it appears it still came out OK for you even w/o getting the Impact. For me, it's been "Prepare for 2020!" I can't get around like I used to when younger and not dealing with mobility issues, and after getting 3" of fresh snow yesterday morning, that ruined getting out today and Saturday, I just settled back to doing more thinking and sorting and preparing to trim my Detector Outfit even more. I have one new detector coming next week, and figured that since I am really cutting down on my gear and going to thin out five or six excellent condition to new units, I would have room for maybe two more. I chatted a while with my Detector Dealer friend about the Impact last evening to get prices, as all I need are the 5" DD, round 11" DD and the 7" Concentric. The 7" will stay mounted full-time for regular daily Coin Hunting tasks.

I kept my Annual Coin Count Goal at 5,000 US coins this year which sure isn't as easy to hit as it used to be, especially due to my age and health, but I'm also needing to shift into more Coin Hunting and less Relic Hunting for a few reasons, too. I live in a small-sized town with limited Coin Hunting opportunities, so when I get way for a jaunt to a bigger city or two, I want to have a trusted detector in my hands. I enjoyed the Impact before and soon I will again. So with an Impact and another new detector coming my way, all that is left are the smaller-size coils for the Simplex+ and I'll be good-to-go this year. :thumbup:

Oh, let me assure you, the Simplex+ is a very decent detector to have in my Outfit. Great performance, even though my opportunities have been limited. If you get the opportunity to check one out, I encourage it. With whatever you're using now, have a fun and successful year.

Monte

Monte,
I hope you get another IMPACT. Once I picked a use for mine, in my case to replace another mfg's 19 kHz unit, I've found it very versatile as I've placed it in 20 kHz and optimized all my programs for that frequency range. Basically made it more grab and go. I need to find a good 10"x 14" DD for mine as I'd like to get better ground coverage.
Good luck to you,
HH
Mike

Mike Hillis: said:
Monte,
I hope you get another IMPACT. Once I picked a use for mine, in my case to replace another mfg's 19 kHz unit, I've found it very versatile as I've placed it in 20 kHz and optimized all my programs for that frequency range. Basically made it more grab and go. I need to find a good 10"x 14" DD for mine as I'd like to get better ground coverage.
Good luck to you,
HH
Mike
'Thank You' for the encouragement, Mike, and I am plann9ng on another Impact after I sell off some of the excess I still have. All those detectors I had stolen from my vehicle, the one I hoped to find and reclaim was the Impact, but it never surfaced. Most of the time I used it at the default 14 kHz and had performance almost like my 15 kHz CoRe and it served the purpose of my 14 kHz Racer 2. When I was using it as my 'scouting unit' I often used the 20 kHz to replicate the behavior of my 19 kHz Relic, especially w/5' DD in the nasty dense ferrous debris. It was a very versatile unit for me and my needs.

Since I devote the bulk of my time working really heavily-littered sites, the 5' DD and 7" Concentric would really handle all I need to, and a larger coil like you mentioned for coverage would sit in my Accessory Coil Tote full-time. But outfitted with a coil for the tasks I take on, the Impact was a very useful tool. I hope to get one back in my Detector Outfit in time for our WTHO on JUne 3rd thru 7th in Nevada. So I have three months, barely, to trim my excess detsctors. I'll likely just order the Impact and two coils I need brand new. I guess I ought to contact my dealer and get some numbers crunched up.

Keep enjoying the rewarss from using yours.

Monte