Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Any sample contracts out there?

del

Anyone use a contract with landowner, or anyone else, of any form, that you can send me to use as a sample for my own? I'd like to get something in writing because you know who said what to whom doesn't hold water. del.

I have used this a couple of times and it sems to cover the waterfront.

GENERAL RELEASE OF CLAIMS (USA)

KNOW ALL PERSONS BY THESE PRESENTS THAT Lynn L. Sims [set out the name of the party who is releasing the claims] (hereinafter called the First Party

Mention contracts etc. and you may lose a nice hunting spot..In actuality most of the time no worth spit anyway unless a witness listed and notarized...

I think a contract presented to a property owner will have a negative effect,and is a very bad idea. Ron

Waiver of Liability

In consideration of permission to use a metal detector to search for and recover buried relics, coins and other artifacts on the property located at ___________________________ _____________________________and owned by ________________________________. I, _______________________________, agree to release from all liability for personal injury or property damage that I may suffer as a result of the owners negligence while on the owners property only during the period and at the time of such search. This release shall be binding and forever discharge __________________________________ , his/her heirs, executors, and administrators, from all actions, causes of action, claims and demands for, upon, or by reason of any damage , loss, injury, or suffering which I may sustain while engaged in metal detecting on the owners property.

Don't make it look like you are setting up a company.

Just ask for permission and ask them to sign a pre typed slip that says:
John Doe Your name) has permission to metal detect on my property
-----------(property owner Signed)

That's all I ever do.