Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anybody Have Questions on the FORS Gold, Just Ask!

I have been busy elsewhere lately but will go out of my way to answer any questions here people may have about the Nokta FORS Gold. That's it, I know nothing about the other models, though the FORS Gold is nearly identical to the FORS CoRe. The main difference is the CoRe has a salt water beach mode, the Gold does not.

Anyway, I have a FORS Gold and have been very happy with it, and plan on using it a lot more in the near future. Both for prospecting and for hunting iron infested sites like old cabins, campsites, and ghost towns. I can't say I am an expert with it yet but I am getting there.

3.3 grams of gold I found with my FORS Gold....

I'm not Steve but unless something has changed very recently there are no service facility's in the US.
What I do know is that if there is a problem that can be fixed by the owner they will send out the parts like right now for you to replace.
Nokta is all about customer service. I'm talking from experience not what I heard.

I like mine. Have not got to use it much as it arrived right at the start of hunting season and the weather has been colder than I care for at my age here in Texas.

I'm not sure how deep it will detect a silver dime when set up right but I do know that the stock coil really bangs a 8" dime in factory preset.
That is a sensitive setting of 50. Goes up to 99 and that is in either disc. Mode DI2 or DI3 with DI2 being the deepest.

The small coil will hit hard on a 6" dime on edge. Have to boost sen.up to about 65 in DI3 to get a solid hit from any direction you care to swing from.

Have not used the big coil and most likely will not. Most likely will sell it in the near future.
As well as the stock coil balances the large one bothers my bad elbow and shoulder.
The small coil is almost perfect. Close to giving the wheelie effect but not quite.

The one thing that I don't like is its depth reading. That 8" dime reads 38cm which equals about 15".

FO

Frank in NH said:

Hello all...currently we take care of all customer issues and most of the time we do not do repairs but replacements. However, we are in discussions with Kellyco to set up a repair service for the FORS product line.

That's good--because if you set up a repair service in the U.S.---you will sell many more machines in the U.S. (IMO).-----Repair & turn around time is obviously always a big concern to us (the U.S. customers).-----It sounds like you have a good product line that is being well received here---I wish you the best.
Nokta Detectors said:
Frank in NH said:

Hello all...currently we take care of all customer issues and most of the time we do not do repairs but replacements. However, we are in discussions with Kellyco to set up a repair service for the FORS product line.

Very nice Steve,

Congrats!
Paul

foreign object said:
I'm not Steve but unless something has changed very recently there are no service facility's in the US.
What I do know is that if there is a problem that can be fixed by the owner they will send out the parts like right now for you to replace.
Nokta is all about customer service. I'm talking from experience not what I heard.

I like mine. Have not got to use it much as it arrived right at the start of hunting season and the weather has been colder than I care for at my age here in Texas.

I'm not sure how deep it will detect a silver dime when set up right but I do know that the stock coil really bangs a 8" dime in factory preset.
That is a sensitive setting of 50. Goes up to 99 and that is in either disc. Mode DI2 or DI3 with DI2 being the deepest.

The small coil will hit hard on a 6" dime on edge. Have to boost sen.up to about 65 in DI3 to get a solid hit from any direction you care to swing from.

Have not used the big coil and most likely will not. Most likely will sell it in the near future.
As well as the stock coil balances the large one bothers my bad elbow and shoulder.
The small coil is almost perfect. Close to giving the wheelie effect but not quite.

The one thing that I don't like is its depth reading. That 8" dime reads 38cm which equals about 15".

FO

Hello and thank you for using our product.
Approximate depth is provided based on the assumption that the target is a typical modern coin and the coin used in calibration and testing is 1€ (Euro) size - approximately 1'' in diamater. The real depth will vary based on target size. The device will give a greater depth reading for smaller targets and for larger targets, the depth reading will be smaller than they really are. In fact, pinpointing is used for target location and not depth indication. Therefore, we suggest that you use the depth reading for judging the proximity of the target.
Should you have any questions regarding the product, please do not hesitate to contact our sales manager dilek@noktadetectors.com

Nokta Detectors said:
foreign object said:

FO

Hello and thank you for using our product.
Approximate depth is provided based on the assumption that the target is a typical modern coin and the coin used in calibration and testing is 1€ (Euro) size - approximately 1'' in diamater. The real depth will vary based on target size. The device will give a greater depth reading for smaller targets and for larger targets, the depth reading will be smaller than they really are. In fact, pinpointing is used for target location and not depth indication. Therefore, we suggest that you use the depth reading for judging the proximity of the target.
Should you have any questions regarding the product, please do not hesitate to contact our sales manager dilek@noktadetectors.com

I understand all the above. Still as compared to other detectors the depth reading is way off. I guess for the American market the calibration using a 1" diameter coin is a little large.
Being mostly a coin hunter I rely on depth a good bit as a form of discrimination in newer areas.
So far I find the CoRe a very nice machine and expect it will become partners to my CTX.

Thanks
FO

Well, the dr
Th reading, just like VDI numbers, is entirely relative. Like VDI you will have to watch the numbers and learn what they correlate with as far as depth. Not the answer you want perhaps but it is what it is. Maybe in a future version along with choosing languages one will be able to set the depth calibration.