Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anybody know history on Home Schooling!

Ronstar

Very first find with the Legend today. First thought was 4H pin but then realized it had only a 3 leaf pin. Says “State Achievement School”, each leaf has an H and what I assume is HOME on an open Bible. The lamp is also noted in Honor Society pins. We found 1, 2, 4, and 5 leaf examples but 0 for 3 leaf. These appear to be associated with Home Schooling but can anyone confirm and know what the different leaf levels mean? Sorry about the photo, anything larger wont load, its about the size of a dime.
Thx!!

Attachments

• 109DCC8F-34E8-4F77-BDA1-74E768688A93.jpeg
    109DCC8F-34E8-4F77-BDA1-74E768688A93.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 136
Leave to my first Legend find to be a stumper. So far we can find examples of the pin in multi leaf configurations but no history of what organization issued or what each leaf stands for.

My experience with home school was two students suspended for fighting and a teacher fired for drinking on the job. Does it help to know the next generation of politicians was educated by day drinkers?

Its amazing to me that there seems to be zero information on this pin other than examples of them for sale. Therefore since its a three leafer I’m setting the opening bid at $1M 😂😂

from a recent ebay listing... one H

Screen Shot 2022-06-13 at 3.41.10 PM.png

...and another... 4 H

Screen Shot 2022-06-13 at 3.42.26 PM.png

which is pretty close to the old 4H awards...

Screen Shot 2022-06-13 at 3.44.05 PM.png

The above state home school pins are listed for bit shy of a million.... about $5 bucks each. Sorry 'bout your luck, Ronstar. :LOL:

Its just one of the pit falls of a bajillion items one finds from our ancestral past.

Very first find with the Legend today. First thought was 4H pin but then realized it had only a 3 leaf pin. Says “State Achievement School”, each leaf has an H and what I assume is HOME on an open Bible. The lamp is also noted in Honor Society pins. We found 1, 2, 4, and 5 leaf examples but 0 for 3 leaf. These appear to be associated with Home Schooling but can anyone confirm and know what the different leaf levels mean? Sorry about the photo, anything larger wont load, its about the size of a dime.
Thx!!
WoW
What a cool find.