Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone at DIV using an ATX?

DIV started on Sunday and I've been waiting to hear a review on how well the machine worked in the Culpepper soil. Hopefully someone will chime in soon.

Garrett is there with the ATX!

There are three guys from Garrett using the ATX and possibly 1 or 2 others. I will be using an ATX for DIV XXV, starting Thursday.

Good to hear Frog...should be awesome on Relics.

I talked with two guys who were running ATXs and they seemed to like how the machine was handling the hot ground. DIVs are not usually a good place to learn a new machine, especially since both guys just received their machines last week.

Yea its real easy to use, If they have any understanding of a metal detector they can pick it up quick...then learn the ATX more in depth as they go hunting...

Bearkat

I used the ATX at DIV XXV this past Thursday thru Saturday. The really hot soil of Culpeper, VA had little effect on the machine. I had to ground balance a few times each day but I was very happy with how stable the ATX ran. I never had to run the machine below 10 sensitivity and most of the time I had it on 11 or 12. With the discrimination at 0 the ATX will find the very smallest items. I found several very small pieces of lead that were anywhere from I inch to 4 inches deep. The smallest piece of lead was a little smaller than a BB and it was 2 - 3 inches deep. The Iron Check feature worked well, as long as the target is large enough and not really deep. I dug one broken rusty spike (3/8" diam by 4 inches long) from 18 - 20 inches and it was under a rock the size of a basketball. I had very few issues with EMI and those were only when another PI machine got too close. Other detectors had more issues with my detector than I had from theirs. I detected directly under some power lines without any effect.

A fellow with a GPX 5000 asked me to compare signals. He had found what he thought was a deep bullet signal and asked to see if I could hear it, not only could I hear it but it was a mid-strength signal and I told him it might be a bullet. It turned out to be a small brass grommet at about 11 inches. He seemed to be impressed that the ATX could pick up that signal. My machine was on factory settings at the time.

That is a VERY GOOD report there Frog! It is just an all round great detector. And smooth as silk...
I also yesterday, while hunting found some very small lead and iron bits in hot orange dirt...seems it was tiny target day yesterday. Nice crisp soft signals the ATX gives on these small targets.

Good job!

Every time I think that area is done.............More stuff keeps coming out of the ground. Hope you dug some nice relics. Three days just isn't enough time!

Judging from the pics of those that were there and using the ATX....their bullet count was pretty high. I've noticed something over the years that seems to hold true for just about every hunt.

TDI users will rack up on the small brass...grommets, buttons, small camp lead, etc...but usually they don't do so well on the bullets or plates.

Infinium users were mostly buttons and small brass as well.

GPX users always have a crapload of bullets, big brass, plates, etc...but not a lot of small brass. It picks the stuff up but is hard to intrepret because it's not as pronounced of a "dig me" tone like the TDI on buttons.

And now the ATX seems to be very much like the GPX on the bullet and brass love. I noticed the guys had a well rounded assortment of relics...from buttons to bullets. And lots of 'em...so that is a good sign that maybe the ATX fills the gap between a TDI and GPX. I will for sure be checking one out.

I think so Daniel...

New ATX at DIV video from Garrett.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HLn0cZuwWI&feature=share&list=UUrDAu6JPiwwVjpRY9W4Y5_A

Daniel,
Why do you think the TDI's get few bullets? Is it because they are just out of reach? My experience is that my TDI(s) have been about 1+" deeper than my VLFs. And from what I can tell, the ATX, and possibly the GPX, are about 1+" deeper than the TDI/Infiniums. (Just a generalization and not meant to be exact.) So is it just a coincidence that most of the bullets just happen to reside in that 1-2" beyond the TDI/Infinium's capability?