Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone ever compared...

See my last reply to Yogaguy in the thread above. Not a lot of difference but I do think the Quattro is deeper at the beach by a little and perhaps the Explorer a little deeper on land. Really too close to call though...both are very good.

When I had mine last fall i went hunting with a guy with the XS and did a few signal comparisons. We found the Quattro had a slower recovery so it would lock on to targets better, but had to go slower with the Quattro as you had to double check many target to see they were good and not a false signal of iron. On depth we found that the XS would get a good target and the Quattro seem to give a better signal on it give us the impression it can see the deeper target better, so it would have slightly better depth.

However when two of the best Minelab men respond I listen..Indeed probably to close to call when you dial in operator expertise and ground conditions...
Minelab came out with a more user friendly Quattro to indeed put a quality unit in the hands of those that were intimidated by an Explorers learning period and small telephone book manual( had to smile when I saw the Quattro's manual. I really had no problem with an Explorer as have had experience with many brands and so many learned individuals were willing to share.As far as the Quattro piece of cake to set up so Minelab did a good job in offering both to the public...Thanks Mike and Rick for offering your expertise.....In addendum if I was a newbie an Explorer would lose me and would take a bit of a learning period on the Quattro without a doubt...