Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone had a problem with coil not charging?

Frank in NH

My 9" coil will not take a charge, but put clip on my 13X11" coil and charger works like it should. There are very few hours on machine,

Take a really careful look at the cover, pins etc. I have to wiggle mine around sometime to get the charge light to come on. It is a fairly frail set up. I wold think you can make it work on the smaller coil if you get it to work on any at all. Wouldn't hurt to wipe the contacts off on the coil with some alcohol or something to make sure there isn't a film over the contacts. Let us know how it works out. I bet it is something simple.

Don

Be very careful with wiggling the clip!!!
Those little pins are fragile and will bend and/or break.
Always push the clip straight down onto the coil.
Make sure the coil cover is on straight and fully seated.
I'm sure that if you can charge the large coil than you know the right orientation of the clip.
It takes a little while for my coil to register that it is in change mode, so I hook mine up and wait for a bit to make sure it switches modes.
Only clean your charging pins and buttons with Q tips and alcohol. No rubbing!
Maybe I'm over careful, but I don't want to miss a chance to hunt without a charge in the coil.
Hope some of this is helpful.

HH

I had charging issues with my new 9" coil and solved it by removing the coil cover and then put the clip in place.

Frank....Finder82 nailed it. Remove coil cover and see if it fixes it. My friend had a problem with his, and it was a issue with cover. If it works without cover, I would call xp and see what they say!

Seen on occasions in German forums, that the contacts on the charger clip were bent.
Another possibility is dirt or corrosion on the contact points of the coil.
For me it's usually that in first attempt the clip was not contacting fully.
Best greetings from Germany
Olaf

Hi there; first tip DO NOT WIGGLE CLIP,2 WAIT FOR LIGHT TO COME ON .3 CLEAN CONTACTS. LAST RESORT TAKE OF COVER AND TRY. Best of luck