Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone have this problem

bigdpiper

I usually hunt on the beach with my QDII, and don't have any problems as long as I stick to the dry sand. I can even hunt the wet sand providing I make some adjustments on the sens. and disc. Problem is, for the last 2 or 3 weeks we've been getting alot of beach erosion do to high onshore winds. It's washed loads of beach sand out to sea, now in alot of places there's only a 60' wide strip of dry sand to detect on. That strip though is all pockmarked with small depressions and craters, I guess due to wind and wave action. I used to find lots of coins and maybe a ring once in awhile, but now it is almost unsearchable because of all the false signals and unrepeatable signals. I'm not sure if it's because of all the little depressions in the ground. Everytime I swing over a depression or a little raised part I get a different tone. It's driving me crazy, because it was so nice to hunt there. Maybe it's not able to ground balance correctly. Anybody have any ideas or have experienced this.
Thanks, Dave

Try searching with coil 2 to 4" above ground. This helps on my beaches in similar conditions. Could be salt minerals into those "gullies".