Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone here have experience in comparison with Fisher F75?

Ronstar

I’m in the process of thinking about getting another detector to add to my arsenal. The Legend is more on my radar than the Dues 2 or Nox 800. Anybody have realtime experience with the F75SE and the Legend?

I own the F75 LTD and purchased the Legend last week. Have not had a chance to hunt with the Legend yet, reading the manual and watching a ton of videos on the Legend. Plan to hunt with it next week. The F 75 has worked great for me already this year. Found a Silver child's ring, 1924 Merc and three Buff's in the last two weeks. On the F 75 last hunt had Disc set at 15, Sens 99 in DE mode. Hunted in the middle of town with no EMI issues.

I don’t really have any problems with the F75 other than heavy iron areas. Legend seems to be better in those regards and sounds like it controls EMI better. Please share your thoughts once you get it out and going!

I don’t really have any problems with the F75 other than heavy iron areas. Legend seems to be better in those regards and sounds like it controls EMI better. Please share your thoughts once you get it out and going!
Will do.

A properly set up F-75 is hard to beat.I have two .54 Minnie’s and a clad quarter buried @ 8 inches and my F75 with a Tornado coil is the only detector that I’ve been able to get diggable responses from.AT Max,MultiKruzer,Nox 600,and a couple of others give little to no response.

I’ve hit a few coin targets at 6-8”, most are recovered less than that. I pulled a silver dollar last year that was close to 10” but it was squeaking thru a bunch of iron nails, mostly pure luck I kept digging the iffy higher number.
It sounds like the Legend and the Deus 2 are better at quieting the iron, the Deus is still iffy on the reviews and more expensive. I’m just trying to do my due diligence.

I have thousands of hours on the F75 platform, most recently the F75+. All in all it is better in all regards except trash ID for me, and in recognizing trash after 50 hours on the Legend it's equal or a slight nod to the Legend....after thousands of hours I was just in tune with the F75 and ID'ing trash but for a new user I'd say the Legend does better off the line. I also didn't have any EMI issues with the F75+, so it's pretty equal to me in terms of handling EMI. The Legend is deeper and much faster recovery. The F75 can hang in terms of depth in boost mode, but since I don't ever hunt in boost I don't personally count that. I still prefer the 1-100 ID range, so the Legend's compressed is taking some getting used to. One other area where the Legend excels over the F75 by far is falsing in heavy iron, and it's not even close....the Legend has a big advantage there.

I ended up putting my F75 for sale, it pains me as it's been really good to me and paid for itself so many times over with dirt gold I lost count, but I just didn't see myself using it much anymore. I'll probably regret this decision though.

This is what the Legend found today. First ever hunt with the Legend.

Attachments

• IMG_0663[1].JPG
    IMG_0663[1].JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 134