Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone know the difference 1265 x vs. 1266 x

C.J.M.

Anyone know the difference between 1265x and a 1266 x,such as the depth,are they both the same khz frequencies,and the coil ?Appreciate from feedback.Thank you.cjm

I don't think there's much of a difference. If I remember right with one you pulled a knob for extra depth and the other you pushed it. Can't think of anything else but there may be.

Anyone know the difference between 1265x and a 1266 x,such as the depth,are they both the same khz frequencies,and the coil ?Appreciate from feedback.Thank you.cjm
Both had a push and pull sensitivity for 2 different ranges. The 1266 was hotter, but the early ones were noisy. (The XB was a take down unit but was not any hotter as some dealers said than the regular ones.)

The 1265 has closed coils, 1266 - open. The both units have equal working frequencies and the coils are interchangeble.

I was told the full conc.coil on the 1265x was better than the open coil
:shrug:.

Attachments

• fisher 1265 X (2).JPG
    fisher 1265 X (2).JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 95
  • fisher1265xd.JPG
    fisher1265xd.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 96
I had both and could not see any difference in depth or number of finds. The 1266X had a "Spider Coil" that may of been slightly lighter.

Deep Iron was a problem with the 1266 X. That's a fact. Both machines useless in Iron.

My older brother used a 1260, which he still owns. Does the 1260 have the same problem?
No the 1260 x is not nearly a deep iron finder like the 1266 x. The 1266 X was a well known deep iron hitter. The1266 X was made hotter by the manufacturer to get more depth which it did, but the drawback
was the 1266 X did like large deep iron too. All these models are outdated these days and are poor performers in iron..