Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone test for nuggets yet?

Ed in SoDak

I love my Time Ranger, but it sucks at small gold nuggets. I've found a couple 5 grains or smaller with my Gold Bug I, but none with my TR. Air tests prove the TR is just not too good at the small gold items, compared to the Gold Bug.

If the T2 showed any sensitivity to gold, that would about cinch it for me. I'd sell my GB I in an instant if the T2 showed any promise in this area.

I'd appreciate any input on this. As a test, if you don't have a nugget, try a small lead fishing sinker.

Thanks!!
-Ed

I nugget hunted in Arizona for a year and know how it is. if you have a few small grain nuggets send em to me and i will test em...i will even simulate iron sand layer like we see in creek beds. You will get your nugs back...or I may buy a few off of Ebay for testing.
Scott

Cool, it will be interesting to see how it does. Even just an air test would be fine to see if there's any response. It might take careful sweeping with something that small. I can mail a couple to you if you think it will help.

Thanks!
-Ed

Hi Scott,

Thanks for offering, I'm sure others will be interested in the results.

My readings are are all air tests indoors.

I'm sending two. One is a Black Hills Gold nugget of about 1.5 to 2 grains weight. My Time Ranger picks it up at about 1 to 1.5 inches with the 4" coil. BH gold has some silver, ID ranged from 02 to 160 or so, but mostly between 06 to 54.

The larger nugget is unweighed and probably from Colorado. I took some posed promo photos of a guy who was playing old-timer/miner to the tourists and he paid me with this nugget. It reads up to perhaps 2 inches away, again with the 4" coil. ID was all over the map from "0" iron ID all the way to 299 rusty can ID, but like the other, centered in the lower +-30 range.

All metal mode on the TR added maybe a half inch to detection depth. I don't think the 8" coil reads either of these much at all.

My Gold Bug I with stock coil read each nugget about an inch deeper than the TR. 2"+ on the small, 3" to maybe 3.5" on the larger.

I've sent you an email.

Thanks!!
-Ed