Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone tried NEL coils on the simplex

C.J.M.

Has anyone tried a small coil by Nel on the Simplex?What model is best for a smaller coil than the stock coil?Thank you.

Has anyone tried a small coil by Nel on the Simplex?What model is best for a smaller coil than the stock coil?Thank you.
Nope, not yet, but might if they bring out a smaller--size coil for the Simplex + before Nokta / Makro does. I keep the stock 11" DD on my 1st Simplex + for open are searches, but my primary-use 2nd Simplex + is part of my Daily-Use Team that rides in my vehicle with the Nokta / Makro 5X9½ DD mounted. A terrific detector and a great general-purpose search coil for most sites. I just need a smaller-size coil in the 4½" to 5½" diameter, round-shaped, to take on the very dense iron contaminated old sites I love to hunt.

Monte

Heard Nel was going to release Simplex coils this December. Picture from their site shows a Snake size and maybe Tornado size but no confirmation on any size yet. Another 3-4 weeks and we should know specifics. They make great quality coils which are usually lighter than original equipment.

Last edited:
Their website says NEL coils for the Simplex should be available in December, but my latest direct information was that they might be ready in January. I don't think it would be too terrible to plan on holding off until January. I'd like them sooner but January seems like a good way to get the year started with a good smaller Simplex coil.

I know I'm excited because I have had nothing but positive experiences with NEL products. Because I hunt dense ferrous littered sites most often, the smaller size coils are the ones that have satisfied me the most. But with my age, health and limited mobility I especially need the smaller size coils. So a 5" Sharp for an Apex and Simplex + grabbed my attention quickly.

I have two Simplex devices and my main use unit has Nokta / Makro's 5X9 1/2 DD mounted full time and the other has their standard 11" DD round coil. I seldom need a coil larger than that because I only need to gain a certain amount of depth or coverage, and I don't want to make the detector nose-heavy. But one coil that might interest me, even though it is physically close to the standard size, is the NEL Super Fly.

The 5" Double-D is a coil I will definitely want to acquire, but if they make a Super Fly for the Simplex + that would likely be my second coil to get. I have a Super Fly currently mounted on the new T2+ for some coverage and depth tests, and it is solid but impressively lightweight and comfortable to use.

Monte

Don't mind waiting until January either. Like you I would like the 5 inch round or the Snake 6.5x3.5. Was good to hear your assessment of the Superfly coil. Thought it might be a bit awkward but you seem to like it. Hope they do a smaller coil for sure. Nels coils are usually lighter than the standard coils and perform very well. Keep us updated when you hear anything from Nel.

Thanks Monte.