Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

anyone try modding a tiger shark....

A

Anonymous

by putting the volume, sensitecety, and thresh-hold at a more conveinient location?
I mean, to change any of these settings, you need to open the box up. If there is too much chatter, the sensitevety needs to be lowered. If the volume is too low or high, then re-open the box. Thresh-hold could be left, but why?
Now about the Headphone.....Couldn't a pigtail type of jack be used? The fact that the headphones are hard wired seems to me that they are doomed to fail later. Has anyone found a waterproof type of jack for headphones.
Any help on any of these little pet peeves would be appreciated.
thanks.
ejf

I guess no one thought it was worth the effort. All of the things you mentioned can be done but maybe not in that particular housing.
Good Luck if you decide to have a go at it!
HH
Beachcomber
PS There are plenty of waterproof connectors that can be used for the headphones.

to sell the 4.5lbs "brick". It's way to heavy for me. I thought I could like it, but there is too much of a difference when using the uMax machines.

Actually the Tiger Shark is a very capable Freshwater detector albeit with a lot of little design foopaahs. The problems with the internal control settings only really become a problem if you shift back and forth between Fresh and Saltwater a lot as the internal settings for Saltwater are not the same as the internal settings for Freshwater. I had one for a short time but didn't like having to go inside the housing to make adjustments all the time either. I personally chose to waterproof the even more sensitive Lobo ST and use that for my Freshwater Detector. All the controls are outside and easily accessible and no need to enter the electronics compartment for anything. Good Luck on whatever machine you chose for your waterhunting needs.
HH
Beachcomber