Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Anyone using a Bigfoot on the XL Pro?

Digger

Constitutional Patriot
Staff member
I have some areas that I want to hunt that are massive. We're talking 40 - 80 acres. I was wondering if anyone has used the Sierra Bigfoot coil on their XL Pro and what their opinion might be. I know the coverage is good, but how about depth of detection, sensitivity to coin sized objects, etc. I realize that pinpointing may take some getting use to, since only the front half is "hot" while in the all metal mode, but I can work around that by tipping the coil. So, can anyone out there tell me why I may or may not want one? Thanks. Randy

Hi Digger,

Hope someone answers your question. I am wondering the same thing.

Hunt4Fun

I'm going to put mine on the XL Pro Saturday and I'll let you know.It works well on the XLT.Pinpointing is easy and you cover a lot of ground.I'm hunting fairly new schools with it so I can't tell you about the depth.HH-Jerry

I use the BigFoot Coil on my XL PRO and love it! Will hit on a quarter at about 6". Most of my finds have been surface to about 4" But quarters hit hard! No problem with pin pointing. Just lift the coil up leaving the tip on the ground or once you hit a target, slide the coil back until target is at the tip. Takes a little practice, but you'll get the hang of it!

I had a friend who used to be a White's dealer before he passed away and he loved his Bigfoot coil for large open areas. It did provide coverage.

But when a group of us would hunt together and compare signals and performance, he didn't get the depth that most of us got using a 950 or 8" coil. Often I had a better 'hit' on smaller coins that were deeper than he did when I was using a 6

on my 5900. I have alot of schools and parks in Southern Calif. Cleans up these areas real well, I'm with Monte about the salt sands, for this I own a P.I., however the depth on a quarter is around 6-7 inces, guess you could cherry pick the area, at least to find a hot spot, then go in with a smaller coil.

but doesn't get real good depth on most coins. Quarters, being larger, are the exception and he uses the combination to 'cherry pick' quarters from sportsfields and other large, grassy sites.

When not limiting his recovery efforts to quarters and going after all US coins, he opts for a 6

I have used the coil and like it but it is good for cleaning the newer lost coins...Get the hotshot 10.5 very sensative to small coins very deep very light love it always use it does well in trash>