Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Apex coil compatibility

Recently purchased a Garrett ace apex off market place and was wondering about the nel snake coil. Is it compatible with the multiple frequency ?

Long story short after my home was Burglarized 3 years ago and the lost of my detectors, I just gave up on the hobby. However a market place post peeked my interest so I made the purchase. It has the viper coil and man the machine is a breeze to use. The property on which I live has been well hunted with many a hair pulled because it is iron infested. But the apex was picking through it like a champ. My interest has been renewed. Thanks Garrett!

Back to my coil question I’ve used the nel snake in the past and liked it’s performance but know nothing about it in conjunction with a Garrett machine.

Recently purchased a Garrett ace apex off market place and was wondering about the nel snake coil. Is it compatible with the multiple frequency ?

Long story short after my home was Burglarized 3 years ago and the lost of my detectors, I just gave up on the hobby. However a market place post peeked my interest so I made the purchase. It has the viper coil and man the machine is a breeze to use. The property on which I live has been well hunted with many a hair pulled because it is iron infested. But the apex was picking through it like a champ. My interest has been renewed. Thanks Garrett!

Back to my coil question I’ve used the nel snake in the past and liked it’s performance but know nothing about it in conjunction with a Garrett machine.
Welcome back into this great sport. Sorry you missed out a few years.

Also, welcome to the Garrett Apex, which was wrongly lumped with the Ace series by name but isn't an Ace at all. The Apex is a very capable detector and a lot for the dollar! Personally, I favored their 'Ripper' which is the 5X8 DD and it is a very good mid-size coil like the 5X9½ NEL Sharpshooter. That NEL coil should work on the Apex IF it is one made for and sold for the Apex. I got an early release NEL Sharp which is their 5" DD coil, but mainly used the 'Ripper'. The NEL Sharp DD worked okay in most ways, but the VDI read-out was not as tight as the Apex is with the 'Ripper' DD.

Monte

I'm glad you're back and happy with your Apex. Isn't that what it's all about? I don't have an Apex but have been very satisfied with the Nel Snake on my Omegas, F19, and Gold Bug and also the identical Cors Shrew on my T2. They can get into tight places and excel in separation! Good luck whatever you decide.