Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Appropriate Detector for a 10 yr old?

jvande

He's average size (sorry I don't have is height available at the moment).

Very technical and will be able to handle extra controls and discriminator features.

Don't want to get anything that is physically unwieldy for a ten year old.

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

Hi there, I use the bounty hunter tracker IV, they are great to learn on. I spent the last 2 days detecting sandpit parks for @$100 and some sellable cheap jewelery items (I sell at markets). The units are light enough for an average size 10yr old to swing. Also I have tried a Garrett ace 250 at our detector club AGM.the ace is probably the best for coins and relics, beaches and parks. it is very light and easy to use. They would be my best 2 picks, both reasonably priced. When I buy my next units for my wife and 6yr old daughter and 5yr old son, they will be getting the ace 250, If possible take your son to the detector shop with you to get the feel for the machine that you decide to buy, hope this helps. Regards Nugget.

I agree...The Tracker IV is a great machine that will last your youngster a number of years...It is easy to use, but has the power to keep a child's interest for many years...It will detect for him many good finds...And best of all, it is cheap and has a great customer support backing.

Happy Hunting,

Land Star

Just a quick note, In the last 2yrs, using the tracker IV's I have found between $20,000 to $30,000 worth of jewelery and coins. One Diamond ring worth $5,500 (official valuation) and another worth $2,500 and a Platinum ring of 6 grams, not valued, but worth $179 at scrap price! I have found that many rings in parks and the beaches that I've lost count. I dispose of the jewelery at the markets. So even though the tracker IV is low in price it's performance is outstanding. HH God bless, Nugget.