Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Are there any Concentric coils for the G2 ???

Makes you wonder as a number of people have excellent results with the Omega concentric coils.
Then F-5 and Omega coils are interchangeable, that means the 8" F-5 coil should work.
One step further F-11 coils work on the F-5, Omega and other Greek series detectors.
So then the F-11, 7" concentric coil for $59.95 must also work.

If you want to take a $60 chance and get stuck with a coil, go for it.
Another alternative is just buy a F-11, try the coil on the G2 or GoldBug. If it doesn't work at least you got a good back-up detector that is usable.

I used the 3"x 6" concentric coil from the F75 on the Fisher Gold Bug Pro and also on the Fisher F19 so I'm sure it would work on the G2 but you'll lose about 1" of depth compared to the 5" DD coil.

Dave J, Can you edit your old coil post above to now include the 5" x 10" DD coil?

Sorry, Tom, I'd like to but the topic has been closed. Only the moderator can do anything with it.

--Dave J.

All coils will work on the G2/G2+ from these machines:

Teknetics-
Alpha 2000
Delta 4000
Gamma 6000
Omega 8000
Eurotek Pro

Fisher-
Gold Bug Pro
F5
F 11, F22, F44
F19

The others not mentioned are said not to be compatible. You should have the choice of the 8" round and 10" round. The new tear drop shapes and sizes from the Fisher F11-22-44 and the 10" eliptical like the one on the Omega.

Spaceport said:
All coils will work on the G2/G2+ from these machines:

Teknetics-
Alpha 2000
Delta 4000
Gamma 6000
Omega 8000
Eurotek Pro

Fisher-
Gold Bug Pro
F5
F 11, F22, F44
F19

The others not mentioned are said not to be compatible. You should have the choice of the 8" round and 10" round. The new tear drop shapes and sizes from the Fisher F11-22-44 and the 10" eliptical like the one on the Omega.

[size=large]NOT CORRECT![/size] The 19 kHz machines are designed specifically for use with DD searchcoils. Not speculation, I'm the guy who designed it . Some individual concentrics may work fine, others may "seem to work" but have degraded performance, and others will be obviously bad. Plugging a concentric of the same series into one of the 19 kHz machines won't harm it, but if you buy a concentric thinking that it's going to work on your 19 kHz machine, you are buying it at your own risk. Just because someone else reported getting lucky doesn't mean that you will get that same result.

So that is strange..........if my G2 is designed to work with only DD coils why does the product catalog show other so called "compatible" coils .....................if their compatability is questionable? They show a 10" Concentric Eliptical coil on the page with the G2 ... yet the performance is ....hit and miss!! Kind of confusing wouldn't you say.

If catalog says that, either it's wrong, or production dept. has collected a bunch of data showing that the tolerances of that particular configuration fall with the permissible range when attached to the 19 kHz platform. Thanks for letting me know, Ivan, I'll follow up on it.

--Dave J.

Dave J.................. if you get a copy of the 12 page Teknetics catalog #032614 dated 2014 ( our local dealers still have and give out lots of these) on page 5 there is a whole page dedicated to the G2. And it shows the 10" Concentric Eliptical coil as an "additional searchcoil". Fairly prominent in the ad. Now please do not misunderstand me ... I'm not picking on Teknetics. I love my G2 and my wife adores the Delta 4000. I was all set to use the round concentric 8" Delta coil on the G2 .....but now i realize that is not a good idea. Thanks for making it abundantly clear...what I had assumed....that the G2 is a detector designed for DD coils!! But I am a bit confused as to why there is a solid white 10" DD coil in production in addition to the stock 11" DD coil................what do you gain by having one over the other??? Thanks.

Thanks, Ivan, I found it. Don't know how that happened, got some people looking into it and will report back when I get a reliable answer.

--Dave J.

Nobody has an explanation what it's doing there. Evidentiy a mistake was made during the composition of the catalog. Sorry for the confusion that arose as a consequence. I'm told that corrective action is being taken.

Thanks again, Sven, for spotting that error.

--Dave J.

No big deal Dave........I'm simply impressed that you actually take the time to go on this site and deal with issues. Thanks......that's why I will continue to support Teknetics................great products....great people.

I ordered an F5 8" concentric coil last week.
It came in today and it works very well on my Gold Bug Pro.
I really like the easy pinpointing.

Depth is as good as the 5" DD coil and the VDI was accurate. Non zinc penny was reading 82 at 5"

Just my .02 :)

never tried a concentric on the GBP or F19 no need really its so fast and pinpoints pretty good as DD coils go, don't forget its a Gold detector so DD's gunna work better for that , and then transformed by us into other uses which it does well at for what I use it for :biggrin: and a trip to the gold fields it comes along as well so win win from where I stand.

AJ