Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Are there any negatives to the Deus?

WoofWoof

I've been reading many of the posts here and lots of reviews of the Deus. I really want to pull the trigger & get one, nothing is perfect so what negatives are there to this machine?

I honestly have nothing negative to say about the Deus. It is a fantastic machine and it has definitely proven itself. You've already done all the reading, now get one and get out there! HH -Marc

Nothing serious that I can think of.

The back phones are not headphones need to be treated with respect and fitted from the back of the neck forwards to avoid straining the hinge.

The larger coil is slightly of balance with regrads its centre of gravity but its easily compensated.

I have had the Deus for over 2.5 years and have never regretted buying it.

I hope this helps you.

:thumbup: Jerry.

Honest negative is that target ID at the greater depth (7-8") not as accurate as one would like.
So you will learn that digging by tone at the limits of detecting depth can be rewarding.

Every machine has it place.

This machine is awesome for moving fast and capturing the top 8" of targets - especially in a plowed field.

just the flimsy backphones mine broke at the hinge despite treating them with great care .
a stronger pair is said to be coming along ....
the high price is due to the R&D the company spent on development .

few come up for resale

It's a Beauty of a machine! Compact with no wires flopping about. I even took it, easily, with me on a backpacking trip. The nine standard programs are really great and can be accessed with a push of the thumb. I have my two favorite programs...DRY BEACH and I modded the BASIC 2 into DEEP FOREST (which is zero discrim).

Software is updateable over the Internet..very easily too.

OH wait...you wanted Negatives......Hmmm

o Learning curve was rather high for me...but that might just be my personal style of modding everything..even before I knew what's what.

o VDI loss at depth could be improved.

o Signal focus could be narrowed. (I see a lot of side response that I'd prefer not to get..maybe next software update will fix?)

o Backphones take getting used too...but Now I love them very light. I use the back of my cap to help hold them on.

o I would like to see more "expressive" sound tones.

BUT really..I Love my Deus and intend to travel with it..whether bicycle or airplane it's a wonderful package!

The only negative I can think of from my 15 months of owning the Deus (with both coils) is as much a positive as a negative. That is that you get an audio response from 1 to3 inches deeper than you get a VID number. I hunt more by audio and just somewhat verify with VID anyway, so that's why I don't really see it as a negative.

PryorCreekJoe

own a Deus, but aren't they hard to replace? I'm just asking.

Battery in the coil ... is one of the positives of this detector. It's what makes it wireless.

The batteries of the earliest detectors are still going strong after about 2-1/2 years of use. I suspect that we may see some replacements being needed after the 3 year mark. This can be done for the coils by the dealers or if you are handy you might try it yourself. The controller and backphone batteries, I believe, are just plud in replacement. There's a Youtube video showing the procedure for the coils.

No its easy enough according to the idots guide.

Having said that the ones in my first machine are over 2.5 years old and still ok.

If they were to go on my latest machine I would get the main agent to to the job for the little extra money involved.:thumbup: Jerry.

Chatter when the detector is laying on its side while digging in high EMI areas. Its not real bad and I've learned to ignore it for the duration of the dig (unlike my Sov GT which is very annoying).
The backphones probably get broken a lot because they look like they should fold one way when they actually fold the other. I have been very careful so its not a problem.
Now go buy another detector because I don't need any competetion.