Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Are there any ?

Ralph Bryant

Playing around with the Xterra-30 some more tonight on the bench, I began wondering if there are any truly "fast response" digital I.D. machines out there ? Most of these newer breed seem to lag in the target response speed department, though some of them are very quick on the recovery side. I'm already noticing that with the X-30, being what I would term a SRFR (slow response - fast recovery) machine. I don't know if I'm just spoiled on the fast response - fast recovery machines from Troy and Tesoro, or if the digital I.D. function just makes them seem so much slower. I just like a detector that beeps when the coil is over the target, and not several inches or feet after the fact.

Any thoughts ?

Ralph

Hi Ralph,

Well, at least on targets in the ground my XT50 seemed just fine. I did not notice any lag.

Steve Herschbach

Ralph, I had a MXT a year ago and it was very quick both in audio and on the meter.
When I pop a meter on my Sov its slower than the MXT was but pretty quick also when there isnt alot of trash in the ground, or alot of targets in general. The Explorer has the slowest meter Ive seen to date. How would you compare the Xterras meter response to either the Sovs or Explorers?

Neil

Hi Steve,

Take a coin or other small target, and waive it under the coil of the Xterra at a fairly fast pass speed, and note the position of the target when the machine actually gives an audio signal. Now do the same thing on an analog Tesoro or X5, and you'll see what I'm talking about here. I think it is mostly a matter of the digital I.D. circuits needing time to process the target information. Granted, it's not as slow as some other machines, but the lag is still there. The response speed just doesn't have that "snap" to it that is so obvious on the others. It's not a major concern at all, just one of those little quirks that can get under your skin if you let it...... ;)

Ralph