Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Army Quartermaster Ring?

A

Anonymous

With many thanks to Steve for helping me figure out how to get a decent pic. from my scanner,here is a decent pic. (I Hope!)of the ring I tryed to post last night.It is a large heavy ring with lots of detail engraved all around it.It is marked "sterling"on the inside.All I have been able to find out about it is that the design of the army quartermaster insignia is pre 1921.Anyone know its aprox age,value,or anything about it?Thanks..

The original design with the eagle's head down was designed in 1896, and then changed to the present design with head up after WWI.
Even so, the old design was issued into the 30's as remaining stock of items was used up.
Dan, below is the link to the Quartermaster Museum. Lots of interesting reading, timelines etc... as well, there is page with an extensive list of items in their collection. Might be worth firing off an email with an attached pic to them and see what they think about the age of your ring.
Another very nice find!

I just sent an email and pic. I will let you know if I get a response.