Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

as time goes by... the gold edition

Micheal_R

Staff member
It was 50 years ago, today that the young couple walked, with unsteady feet and uncertain hearts , down the aisle towards their future together.
Life was not to be an easy start for them; both sets of parents opposed the union. He had no job, nor any immediate prospects. She did odd gardening work to bring in money.

In a moment of clarity that belied their young years, they made a pact. They would never go to bed angry. There were times that they would
\be up until 3 or 4 in the morning talking whatever problems there might have been. This promise was always faithfully kept. It was not easy,
as the young man had a job by now and work times started at 7 in the morning. But never once, if there were problems, was this vow ever not honoured.

The young man slowly matured and mellowed. However, there were times that he would storm from the house and go to his shop to work off steam.
The young lady was as always, a paragon of patience and understanding. She always greeted the man with joy and happiness at the beginning of the day and always with love and caring at night.

As the couple have entered the older years, and discussions have long since been resolved, they now just revel in and enjoy each other’s company.
And there is not a day that goes by, that I do not count my blessings that Alice has come into my life

Micheal