Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

AT-MAX—-Question about salt water beaches.

TRIPLE-SSS

Hi,
i’ve been a Garrett user for the last 15 years, using both the GTI-1500 and AT PRO . I have used both detectors for years and never had a problem with either the wet or dry sand on the beach after ground balancing both machines. I recently traded in my AT-PRO for a AT-MAX to upgrade , so I thought. went to the beach, tried to use the AT-MAX and did everything to try and use it. Made the decision to get the MAX based on all the extras it had and the marketing that was put into it stating that the MAX was all the good from the PRO and GOLD combined , to develop the MAX. YES, you can use it on the beach if you turn the sensitivity down to just a couple bars but you sacrifice the depth which is one reason that I bought it.
Can anyone who is using the Max on the beach, tell me what you R doing to stop all the chattering or is it just possibly just my detector. I know that Garrett is selling the MAX as an ( AL-TERRAIN ), detector but just don’t know if it truly is all-terrain, maybe should be Some-Terrain instead.🤨
Would appreciate any feedback—-
TRIPL-SSS